GPX - A half lap of France - Le Mans - Millau - Provence - Rencurel - Morvan - Verdun

Wapping

Reaction score
After Le Mans in June 2022, I and a friend, did a half lap of France, finishing off something we had started the year before but had to curtail.

I thought I would share it here.

As it started after Le Mans, it kicks of from a gite we’d hired. Of course you can start it from anywhere, though I guess St Malo or one of the other NW France ports would make as good a place as any. Similarly, you could start from Calais and ride it clockwise. In the same way, nobody is obliged to stay in the same places, not least as we camped (at a very good site) in Provence. Similarly, we were due to camp in Verdun but the weather took a distinct downturn with violent rain, so we switched to a hotel I knew in Ste Menehould. I have never tidied the routes for any glitches, though I don’t remember there being that many.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="100%" height="562" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allow="geolocation" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/map?folder=6088078&lang=en&user=25131&fitmarkers=true&origin=routes&unit=mi"></iframe>

Bloody great app is this MyRoute thanks Wapping. Must have a play with this as it looks very "friendly". One thing though....I dont like the jet black line of the route...its "overpowering" at first view. Suppose one gets used to it.
Have you abandoned Basecamp totally now?....I'm half way through yet another winter where I've promised myself I'd sit down and really get to grips with Basecamp and as yet have again done fekk all with it.

Sorry for waffling. :rolleyes:

Yes, my love affair with BaseCamp has cooled significantly. My passion for MyRoute (which is not without its foibles) is aflame, not least as it works so well on my iPad and links well with various app’s and my XT. As and when BMW addresses the electronic corruption on my 1600, things will be near enough perfect.

PS I like the thick black line.

The itinerary sounds good. However, I am unable to ‘see’ the route. I’ve tried with Safari . High possibility of user error on my side… Or are you doing it via MRA ‘friends’? Any guidance appreciated. Many thanks.

After Le Mans in June 2022, I and a friend, did a half lap of France, finishing off something we had started the year before but had to curtail.

I thought I would share it here.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="100%" height="562" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allow="geolocation" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/map?folder=6088078&lang=en&user=25131&fitmarkers=true&origin=routes&unit=mi"></iframe>

Anyone should be able to see it, not least as I am not ‘friends’ with Tinytim. That is not some deliberate act on my part, nor (I hope) his. It’s just that the opportunity for him to buy me huge quantities of London Pride and treat me to slap up meals (with all the trimmings) at Mrs Miggins’ has never presented itself.

Might I suggest that you maybe join MRA as a free member and try then.

if you don't like the black line there is no option to change the colour but you can go to the toolbox in the drop down menu top right and adjust the transparency of the line making it more grey. However this requires subscribing to one of the ''plans''. I took Gold just to be able to play around a bit more.

Anyone should be able to see it, not least as I am not ‘friends’ with Tinytim. That is not some deliberate act on my part, nor (I hope) his. It’s just that the opportunity for him to buy me huge quantities of London Pride and treat me to slap up meals (with all the trimmings) at Mrs Miggins’ has never presented itself.

Might I suggest that you maybe join MRA as a free member and try then.

Thanks. As mentioned, very likely user error or ignorance on my part!
I have the MRA lifetime subscription. I looked in Library with no luck. Or am I still way off track? Is there a UKGSER group on MRA for sharing routes there? I use LAM shared routes in MRA which works well. Red wine at the next non-event assured… Cheers

I think the Gold option is worthwhile. Don’t forget that anyone subscribing now, will transfer automatically into the new combined ‘Next’ app when it is launched. It’s undergoing public Beta testing at the moment which, after a lot of the usual bikermates pleas for “We want it to have every bell and whistle, plus more, under the sun” nonsense, has settled down. It’ll be a good app when it does launch and will, we are told, be developed further still.

I have also only just started with MRA after the recommendations on the GS Forum and also purchased the Gold plan. What I do like about it is its still all developing and if you get onto their own forum you can chat directly to the developers.

The forum is very good. As you’ll see Grant, I have asked several questions there. They have always been answered promptly and well.

Back
Top Bottom