Garmin XT - Switching to internal battery from powered mode

Wapping

Reaction score
My XT switched from powered mode to its internal battery yesterday. A warning message popped up, along with some blurb along the lines of: ‘If this repeats….. contact Garmin’. As I was riding along, I didn’t read the full screed, which then vanished.

This morning, I did a quick Google search to see if anyone had reported the same problem. I found this:

716ef3950cf688556b0f593bd8039139.png

But here’s the possibly odd thing:

It switched to its internal battery whilst it was dry, riding the roughly 60 miles between Chelmsford and Walker’s cafe at Mildenhall. When I left Walker’s to continue the ride, I gave the contacts on the mount and the device a quick clean up, simply rubbing them with a bit of serviette paper. Everything was fine and the device was live.

Later yesterday, in prolonged rain that would have shamed Noah, it did not switch to its internal battery power. It stayed powered by the bike. Which left me doubting that rain is a possible problem.

I then found this, which (if nothing else) might show the real cause:

7309be416a6e9390bbfc9aa16555ed2e.png

Me? I suspect it is a dodgy connection issue between the cradle and the device, too. Something as simple as a bit of dirt or grime getting between the two.

The pins (there are only two on the XT bike cradle) are quite small. It wouldn’t take much to lose contact. There is plenty of other blurb on the internet over the mount / device interface. I guess there is perhaps a problem of some sort, sometimes going on; maybe it’s as simple as a bit of duff moulding of the pieces?

I have had this problem,I just pushed the pins in and out too free them
I also on a new cable had a pin disconnected from the holder...it was also charging and then stopped on examination the pin was squew whiff..

Back
Top Bottom