Bike insurance prices in 2023

Hi all,
Just have got my renewal from MCE and the premium has gone up from approx £200 to £550! Have checked other insurers and the chepaest one was still above £350. It is for my Honda nc750xd so the bike value is not that high. It's not really powerfull either. Have teh prices gone up that much or it's only me?

A good opportunity to leave those wasters at MCE. I think your location has a lot to do with it. Those of us in the boondocks are insuring a S1000XR for a little over £100.

Are these prices per month, 6 month, or year?

Are these prices per month, 6 month, or year?

annual - I have 3 vehicles, 2 bikes and a car. Average £120, full comp

R1200RS £95 with Devitt
S1000XR £121 with Bemoto
Audi A1 £144 Ageas Direct

Very reasonable I wish I could find insurance at those prices.

What’s insurance cost in WV, Clifton. Just a snapshot/ example, I’m curious.

Brian I have multiple bikes insured at "full coverage" which includes theft, collision, liability, and some medical for any passenger, with $500 deductible. It also covers additional accessories and riding gear up to $3,000 per motorcycle. Here are what I pay for four of them including both the least and most expensive. These are annual prices.

2020 Yamaha XT250. $62
2921 Yamaha Tenere 700. $214
2021 Guzzi V85TT $262
2022 Goldwing. $414 (ouch!)

Car insurance is so expensive they don't even price it by the year anymore, the longest term is every 6 months which I'm showing here. Full coverage with $500 deductible.

2019 Toyota Corolla $544
2023 Honda Ridgeline $769

$2,626 per year just for these two!

My 2022 GS 1250 is due in a few weeks.

£320 from BeMoto which is £20 up from what I paid last year. Locked shed but no immobiliser or alarm. Pretty safe postcode.

The cheapest that has come through from the comparison sites that I must have used last year is £257 from MCE.

I have to say prices seem steep in general compared to the older bikes I used to insure and even my car.

I’m assuming the price of the bike is the factor

My 2022 GS 1250 is due in a few weeks.

£320 from BeMoto which is £20 up from what I paid last year. Locked shed but no immobiliser or alarm. Pretty safe postcode.

The cheapest that has come through from the comparison sites that I must have used last year is £257 from MCE.

I have to say prices seem steep in general compared to the older bikes I used to insure and even my car.

I’m assuming the price of the bike is the factor

Went through the comparison sites again and got quotes as low as £207!

I got on the phone to BeMoto and they got it down to £234 which I’ve accepted as they have legal cover where the rest didn’t.

So that’s saved nearly hundred quid on one phone call.

price means nothing when comparing insurance.

all fun and games until it comes to claiming.

price means nothing when comparing insurance.

all fun and games until it comes to claiming.

It is not a broker who manages a claim, it is the underwriter or whoever they have acting for them. So buy wherever as long as the underwriter has good reviews.

It is not a broker who manages a claim, it is the underwriter or whoever they have acting for them. So buy wherever as long as the underwriter has good reviews.

Correct but hardly anyone checks, to save 12 quid.

Ooooo drastic plastic insurance only charged me, 20 quid and a nosh for a year fully comp, I am only 12, it’s kept on the main road in a mainly deprived area of London etc etc

Bikesure do not offer multi bike policies online.

They do offer them “if you phone us”.

They also charge a 100% cancellation fee, irrespective of whether this is within the ‘cooling off’ period of 14 days (not sure how legal that is).

Cheap, but sh1te to deal with, god knows how they’d be if you had an off.

Back
Top Bottom