Can i take my Drone on a cruise?

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In December i bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone.
I have an operators ID and flyers permit.

In May i am going on a Mediterranean cruise (TUI) visiting Spain, France and Italy ending up in a hotel in Majorca for the final 4 nights.
as there is good daytrips in these places there would be a good opportunity for video footage.

my first though is it would be good to take it..... then im thinking its just going to be a massive hassle explaining and getting permission etc etc
is it worth it?

any input guys?

You will be fine, I assume that you mean flying from the mainland and not from the ship!

UK drone laws are aligned with the EU laws, no extra hurdles to jump through and no permission needed assuming not commercial. The drone weight is 249grammes etc.

Don't overthink it - if not already then make yourself aware with the 'common sense' drone usage advice on the CAA and enjoy yourself. You won't be the only one using a drone and if people would prefer you not to, they will ask also.

Take the drone, enjoy your purchase and gather some amazing footage.

Ah ok

Sounds easy enough
although i think the leaning tower of pisa is a no fly zone, i will check.

Lots of castles and Nat Trust buildings in Wales are no fly zones. They post warning signs as you enter. So as long as you observe any signage you should be OK.
Cant see a cruise company rooting through your luggage for drones though.

Back
Top Bottom