A blank canvas trip to Most (CZ Republic) and back

How did that sneak under my radar?

If I tell you that the other couple going over are Paul who was at Gedinne with us and his wife will that make the brewery decision more of an obvious one?

It’s a very good little booklet, free from the association.

Tell mein genial host to summon up reserves!

We’ve not really had a good look at that 5 day return because the other half has been busy until late with work calls so I think it’s going to be left to me to sort out and the other couple are heading straight back on the Monday morning.
Our ferry isn't until Tuesday, so we'll be splitting the journey on the way back, probably somewhere like Hanover or Hamelin.

Our ferry isn't until Tuesday, so we'll be splitting the journey on the way back, probably somewhere like Hanover or Hamelin.

The hardest part is being far enough away so you don’t get to the ferry hours too early and end up walking to the nearest bar. If I can get away with it we’ll be at least 300 miles from the Hook to allow for leaving as late as possible then one fuel and lunch stop at about 2pm.

Hanover is a surprisingly nice city. Nice bars and cafes around the lake in the middle of the city and there is some sort of palace with beautiful gardens just a bit out. Recommended

We now have an itinerary and sticky labels on a Michelin map of Germany :D

Start to finish we’ve got the following:

Ferry to Hook 1 night
Hamelin 2 nights
Muhlhausen 1 night
Most 4 nights
Rathenow 1night
Waren 2 nights
Wismar 1 night
Gardelegen 1 night
Ferry to Harwich 1 night

If you draw a straight line across from the ferry to the WSB circuit we stay north of it for the duration of the holiday and apart from the first and last days the longest ride is 240 miles from Most to Rathenow so by my normal standards it’s all very relaxed. I picked Waren as a 2 night stop because it’s in that lakes area which needs a bit of exploration and for the obligatory stop by the coast Wismar looks quite nice without the heavy traffic associated with a ferry port. I did manage to sneak in another stop at a Brauhaus and (shock horror) it’s in Waren where we get 2 nights. Well that’s what happens when I’m left to deal with the itinerary :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom