New respect for content creators

Oh yeah great point, will be trying it out, been looking and the Zoom H1N looks like a good little starter and will do for not a lot of size or money.. will keep eye on the eBay.

I do all my onboards with Zoom H1 (pre N) the secret is to recoord very low level then amplify in something like Audacity to avoid clipping

Listen to the sound on this video this was done at level 5 on H1 https://youtu.be/XE0ZK5v3MBA

I do all my onboards with Zoom H1 (pre N) the secret is to recoord very low level then amplify in something like Audacity to avoid clipping

Listen to the sound on this video this was done at level 5 on H1 https://youtu.be/XE0ZK5v3MBA

That’s really good, sound is spot on… again thanks for the advice and info,, just subbed and will start taking a look through your vids.

Just in case your interested this my YT channel, working progress, lol

https://youtube.com/@Ride_Create_Enjoy

Feel free to critic, happy to hear how things could be done better.

Ta

That’s really good, sound is spot on… again thanks for the advice and info,, just subbed and will start taking a look through your vids.

Just in case your interested this my YT channel, working progress, lol

https://youtube.com/@Ride_Create_Enjoy

Feel free to critic, happy to hear how things could be done better.

Ta

Your title page is very fancy and clever! I am still at the try to get some text as a title stage. :D

Your title page is very fancy and clever! I am still at the try to get some text as a title stage. :D

Getting text for a title on screen is easy in its simple form
What editing software do you use?

My biggest challenge at the moment is getting a fine weekend!!
Good ol British Weather ��
https://www.youtube.com/@MotoTripTV

Story is king - I have another channel that is just random rides but I use that as another area for testing etc.... that has a few subs but I dont promote it

As with any of this stuff if you dont have a story it tends to be a bit uninteresting, I have also discovered that people like interaction, we added to our videos a round table chat where we talk about the bikes and rip the piss out of each other, some of the other lads were doubtful that ayone would be interested, turns out since then our views have increased .... but it has to be natural, there is a lot of stuff out there where people put on a "I am on youtube persona" makes me instantly click off
Agreed on that.... your (LDG) round the table or round a bike chats are natural looking ones amongst mates and works well, nothing put on like a lot of others that make me want to switch off quick (many are American ones )

i moved on from beeping the horn just recently and started clapping lol
i use Divinci resolve for editing and find the auto sync doesn't always work... especially when the Insta360 is attached to the lower crash bars for the front wheel shot etc
but for the 2 GoPro (helmet and bars) the clap works perfect.

Same, i am still playing at it and i know it.
so much to learn from getting the right camera shots, learning to use said cameras properly and of course the editing
I'm still not confident in front of camera but I'm getting better :D

My channel is https://www.youtube.com/@MotoTripTV don't be too harsh :)

either way i will keep it up, it gives me something to do, away from work... everyone needs a hobby ;)
Watched a few tonight and subscribed, pretty good, not bad at all all the best with it

Subscribed ! Mind saying which Lav mic you use ? Trying to sort out some sound for my recent GoPro purchase for byeway rides.

I wondered if this version would be ok ?

EMB.

Thanks for the support, there are more videos coming ..... honest...... the lads dont like the cold :)

Subscribed ! Mind saying which Lav mic you use ? Trying to sort out some sound for my recent GoPro purchase for byeway rides.

I wondered if this version would be ok ?

EMB.

I have used loads over the years and discovered the cheapo ones are just as good as the more expensive ones - I am currently using a purple panda in the helmet

For the other Audio I use
Zoom H1 for the onboard
Rode Wireless Go for all interviews and round table stuff
Rode video mic for the ridebys

All with deadcats (in some cases I have made my own) as wind is an absolute killer for audio

I have used loads over the years and discovered the cheapo ones are just as good as the more expensive ones - I am currently using a purple panda in the helmet
wind is an absolute killer for audio

Same.
I use the purple panda in helmet.

After messing up audio on some shots with wind, i was convinced to buy the media mod for my GoPro.
amazingly the wind doesn't have to be that bad for it to spoil the audio.

I don't use the media mod on my helmet though, as its a faff changing batteries.

Thanks for that, although the only purple panda mic I can find comes with 5feet of cable integrated, and I only need it to go from the internal side of the chin piece of my helmet to the external side.

Did you find one with a short cable or just butcher the cable ?

EMB.

For the other Audio I use
Zoom H1 for the onboard
Rode Wireless Go for all interviews and round table stuff
Rode video mic for the ridebys

All with deadcats (in some cases I have made my own) as wind is an absolute killer for audio

Same.
I use the purple panda in helmet.

After messing up audio on some shots with wind, i was convinced to buy the media mod for my GoPro.
amazingly the wind doesn't have to be that bad for it to spoil the audio.

I don't use the media mod on my helmet though, as its a faff changing batteries.

I ran the cable around my helmet and pushed the extra between the inner and outer shell.
once i reinstalled the padding it stops it falling back out.

I do a fair amount of video editting and the people who i do it for are always surprised at the amount of time it takes to edit a piece. For example, I filmed a friend's 'to camera' presentation which was around 2 hours duration. I recorded him with 3 cameras and 2 audio mics (a Lavalear mic and remote mic for redundancy), which coupled with b roll of various odds and sods meant I had 6 video streams and 4+ audio streams to deal with. The editting took the better part of 3 weeks to get in to a draft state worth sharing with him and further reedits took it to a month to complete the work. Now, I am by no means a pro, so when these content creators bang out a couple of 15-20min videos per week, they clearly know what they are doing and it is real graft to get that done. I couldn't do it.

when these content creators bang out a couple of 15-20min videos per week, they clearly know what they are doing and it is real graft to get that done. I couldn't do it.

I do a 20 minute video a week, with my working hours that's enough for me.
i would love to do 3 videos a week, which i could if it was my full time job.

I havnt done one for a while as there is more than just me involved and we are doing videos for some dealers now, but we are back into it next week
For us it is an entire day filming (but we know how to minimise time with that)
Then I do all the editing and that is usually 4 or 5 evenings work
I then send it to everyone involved to make sure they are happy with it then publish

Re the purple panda I think mine came with a shorter cable and a long extension - cant remember will have a look, I have also had good experience with the drift lav mic (dont like the cameras)

I do a 20 minute video a week, with my working hours that's enough for me.
i would love to do 3 videos a week, which i could if it was my full time job.
Looking forward to some footage of your euro trip, could get messy
Just watched the Hull ferry one, been on that boat a good few times (mostly with a Micky discount) enjoy the trip

Looking forward to some footage of your euro trip, could get messy
Just watched the Hull ferry one, been on that boat a good few times (mostly with a Micky discount) enjoy the trip
Thanks for watching (y)
Some good videos to come Mohne Dam coming soon ;)

Some good stuff on here, I like Barnoe's channel.

I'm just getting started too, here's my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpBFl0j5zKl7LfkoaEutWfQ

Myself and the guys I ride with, we let ourselves down a bit! It's rare we ever have the cameras switched on for the best bits, and then, when we find a great bit of road, we don't want to faff with the cameras as it seems to "spoil the flow". Next time, I'll try to take more care to encourage myself and the other guys to get better footage...

This was the latest attempt from April/May this year

Some good stuff on here, I like Barnoe's channel.

I'm just getting started too, here's my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpBFl0j5zKl7LfkoaEutWfQ

Myself and the guys I ride with, we let ourselves down a bit! It's rare we ever have the cameras switched on for the best bits, and then, when we find a great bit of road, we don't want to faff with the cameras as it seems to "spoil the flow". Next time, I'll try to take more care to encourage myself and the other guys to get better footage...

This was the latest attempt from April/May this year

Nice video.
i have missed so much when my camera is off.
I used to film a ride and do an ending, then pack the cameras away in panniers going home.... something always happened!

only a few weeks ago i was riding home and a biker was stood in the road slowing traffic... i thought oh no a biker is down!
i slowed, let on to him and when i got round the sharp corner, a car was on its roof in the middle of the road.
I though ffs could have got that on film.
I nearly pulled over to get the camera out, but thought it a bit disrespectful of the poor guy whos wrecked his car.

Riding back from Stonehenge a van burst into flames and was stood burning away on a roundabout, again camera was in the top box lol
I keep the camera on my chin now, so i can switch on quick if something happens.... nothing probably will now im ready 🤣

Back
Top Bottom