Thread: Union Jack Club

Most revered member Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Union Jack Club

Thinking of joining as a member. Last stayed there in 1980 so assuming it’s changed for the better since then.
    Anyone able to recommend it?

My usual London hotel has changed owners and changed customer service this past few months so looking for somewhere to use on a regular basis that’s very clean, spacious, great service and near a tube station.
    Solvitur ambulando

I have not used it since the mid 80s either but pals of mine that do use it rate it well

Not a recomendation as these are my old army buddies and their tastes could be out of kilter with mine or yours but i would give it a go what can go wrong
    If i die and it isn't speed related - demand a recount

'Don't mess with me' Member
    I haven't used it for a couple of years but it's a great bolt-hole in central London. IIRC most rooms are now en-suite.

Parking isn't easy.

There's a great real ale pub in short staggering distance - https://www.thekingsarmslondon.co.uk/
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Not watching the telly Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Great location opposite Waterloo station, therefore easy access to the tube.
    I remember staying for £55 per night (2001ish).

Thanks for the positive posts
    Solvitur ambulando

Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    Great location opposite Waterloo station, therefore easy access to the tube.
    I remember staying for £55 per night (2001ish).
    Gone up quite a bit since then
    Solvitur ambulando

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I stayed when I was down for the London Marathon doing some tin rattling and the like for a charity. It's gone up a bit, but the accommodation has improved significantly with new beds, carpets, furniture and more en-suite rooms. Also managed to blag a flat for a visit with the wife to an exhibition and show last Feb and again, really happy with the stay.

Hardest thing about the place is finding availability.

Do you know any present or former civil servants who might be members here ...https://www.civilserviceclub.org.uk/? We stayed just before Christmas. £140 a night for a double room iirc and a fiver a pint in the bar. Very decent grub too. The neighbours aren't great though, it's only 500 yards from Downing Street.
    "But you're not posh."

I've been a member for a few years now, great value given its location, the restaurant is good and the bar is cheap. I haven't used it since Covid hit but I retain my membership which is only £35 pa for the two of us.
    2018 BMW R1250GS - taken out by a SMIDSY, pending write off
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible - for sale