Picos

WillyB

Reaction score
Hi all
Traveling to the Picos on 3rd July for 18 nights, been before and done the usual Potes and Panes, booked in covadonga for a few days and also Riano but the Wife fancies a week on the coast in a decent Hotel Llanes or near with breakfast inc before departure from Santander.

Any recommendations
Cheers WillyB

Can highly recommend Gran Hotel del Sella in Ribadesella.. Stayed there last Sept.

Not really a touristy resort. The hotel is right on the promenade and an easy stroll into town.

It features on B’s list of hotels, so you can bag yourself a hefty discount by booking a ‘holiday’ through BF

We stayed in hotel Montemar in 2020 for 2 weeks.

There was dedicated motorcycle parking. The hotel was exceptionally clean and handily located for visiting the beach or the restaurants.

It was also easy to get to from outside the village, so setting off on a morning and arriving back at night was simple.

We would definitely stay there again.

take her to Playa de Poo

I have been looking myself for September for a night on the coast at the start and end of my trip via the Plymouth ferry.

For my last night, after a recommendation, I have already booked Hotel Santemar just outside the centre of Santander near the El Sardinero beach. Used up some hotels.com points before they expired. Not a bad location to stay for a few nights if you want the city facilities nearby, yet a beach nearby.

I've been looking at Llanes or thereabouts for the first night. This looks nice https://goo.gl/maps/PLyi4iPiksha6oYs5 Hotel Kaype in Barro. Add breakfast for £7, dinner £10. Might be a bit quiet for a week but 5 beaches within walking distance. Anyone stayed here?

We've stayed at hotel casa del Marquez in Santillana del Mar... Great village and lovely hotel...but not cheap! We're staying our last night before the ferry again this June. Highly recommended

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

We've stayed at hotel casa del Marquez in Santillana del Mar... Great village and lovely hotel...but not cheap! We're staying our last night before the ferry again this June. Highly recommended

There is also a parador in the village but for some reason it's not open for our dates in June

That looks very nice - I’m in the area 1 to 12 June but in the car and just putting our trip together

Can highly recommend Gran Hotel del Sella in Ribadesella.. Stayed there last Sept.

Not really a touristy resort. The hotel is right on the promenade and an easy stroll into town.

It features on B’s list of hotels, so you can bag yourself a hefty discount by booking a ‘holiday’ through BF

Thinking of here for our first few nights in June

Hello Santillana isn't saintly nor near the sea, it's a small, very busy place, with narrow roads.
The replica of the Altmira caves is there.
There is nothing in Covadonga except the two lakes at the top and hillwalking.
Better towns are Cangas and Arriondas.
Llanes is a nice place.
The best place is Ribadesella, small town with plenty of beaches and a good few hotels from cheap to pricey.
Has train station for trips to Santander or Orviedo. (so has LLanes)
Ribadesella Playa, rooms with sea view over the prom, bit basic and the owners can be grumpy.
Gran Hotel Sella, with a cheaper newer block, Don Pepe, Arena de Ribadesell and lots more.
Hope youse have a great time.

However can be busy during Spanish hols.

Hi all
Traveling to the Picos on 3rd July for 18 nights, been before and done the usual Potes and Panes, booked in covadonga for a few days and also Riano but the Wife fancies a week on the coast in a decent Hotel Llanes or near with breakfast inc before departure from Santander.

Any recommendations
Cheers WillyB
Just back from my trip stopping at Ribadesella, Feunte De, Lastres, the Rias Baxais, Cuddillero and Tresgrandas - All very nice but a safe bet for a week with the wife by the sea would IMO be Ribadesella we stayed at Don Pepe .

Back
Top Bottom