U.K to Morocco and back in four weeks. Mid March 2023. Anyone doing similar ?

MotoRevive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm going to dust off the winter cob-webs in mid March and plan for a four week round trip to Morocco.

My rough idea is one week from U.K to Southern Spain. Two weeks in Morocco. One week back.

It would be great to swap details and ideas with others on the same route or schedule. Maybe even share the road or meet up for swapping stories.

It will be my first time in Morocco but not my first time riding in Africa. It would be nice to explore the trails and mountain passes but I won't be hard off-roading or riding the dunes on my old 1997 Africa Twin.

I'm not looking to be joined at the hip but it's nice to share some of the way or the evenings with like-minded folk.

PM me if you want to swap details.

Cheers, Ted:beerjug:

Ted,
If you can get yourself to Essaouira, this is well worth it. (Wikipedia: "..a port city and resort on Morocco’s Atlantic coast. Its medina (old town) is protected by 18th-century seafront ramparts called the Skala de la Kasbah, which were designed by European engineers. Old brass cannons line the walls, and there are ocean views. Strong "Alizée" trade winds make the city’s crescent beach popular for surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.....")

In the fishing port next to the old town you can get amazing, large oysters straight off the boats for 50pence each, filled with sweet lemon juice; and the nearby dockside fisherman's open air cook-out will open roast your selected item. (Failing that, walk into the old town and find the fish market, select a fish and a stall to cook it for you....).

Safe riding and have fun!

Ted,
If you can get yourself to Essaouira, this is well worth it. (Wikipedia: "..a port city and resort on Morocco’s Atlantic coast. Its medina (old town) is protected by 18th-century seafront ramparts called the Skala de la Kasbah, which were designed by European engineers. Old brass cannons line the walls, and there are ocean views. Strong "Alizée" trade winds make the city’s crescent beach popular for surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.....")

In the fishing port next to the old town you can get amazing, large oysters straight off the boats for 50pence each, filled with sweet lemon juice; and the nearby dockside fisherman's open air cook-out will open roast your selected item. (Failing that, walk into the old town and find the fish market, select a fish and a stall to cook it for you....).

Safe riding and have fun!

Thanks for the tip. I'll put a circle around it on the map. :)

Just come across this thread -did you do the trip what were you experiences>?
I am planning something for late March /Early April 2024 though Im on quite a racy 12 day timeline due to commitments.
Cheers

Well, I postponed the trip to this October. And now I'm riding in the Americas in October for work. So I need to move my sailing again !!
You'll probably get there before me :D

Mrs Berin and I are planning on this trip in October.

In general, I think October is better than March as less chance of snow in the passes, and less water in the ouadi’s and river crossings, otherwise we’d have done March.

We’ll be on KTM690’s, trying to do as much piste as possible without making it the whole sim of the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of shipping the bike to Malaga from Ireland next March with overlanders , then flying out to pick it up. Interested in at least two weeks over in Morocco. Had planned this in 2020 but had to cancel due to COVID lockdown. So serious about going next year. I have a bit of flexibility but need to book leave well in advance. Overlanders should have their dates firmed up about Sept. Already have routes and accomodation all bar booked (all the research already done). Just need to get there now .

Sent from my XQ-CT72 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom