1150 GS filler cap drain

Newsman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
the drain in my filler cap on my 2002 GS is blocked I took the tank of but I cannot find wher it comes out
Has anyone else had this problem please?
Thank You
Andre

If you took the tank off you must have disconnected the two small rubber pipes (not the fuel pipes) One is the tank breather the other is the water drain

Just did mine the other week take out the filler neck and it will be the steel top section of tube blocked with crud, I took off the rubber pipe that attaches to it and back flushed it with carb cleaner and air line

Hi GedJack tried the garden wire last week it seems to go round a corner and it would not go any further I think it is well and truly blocked tried squrting penatrating fluid down it, that didnt work either

I had a blockage once - removed tank and plastic pipes and cleared it with wire.

Didn't have an air compressor back then, but would do brake cleaner and air line now.

Every so often I 'spill' a tiny bit of petrol when filling up just to keep the pipe clean. Never had a problem since.

A little bit rock'n'roll but I used a G-string......... from a guitar ;) I try and remember to do this every now and then.

- Jack

Hello Jack
Thanks for the tip I am glad you mentioned the Guitar, for a moment I thought I would have to start raiding washing lines!

Back
Top Bottom