Bad experience with Motolegends and a Scott jacket

All that HiViz stuff stains terribly (worse than Rick’s pants) and is nigh on impossible to restore to anything resembling an original finish
I bought a Helite vest last autumn and looked at some demo HiViz ones that looked poor and in the end went for a black one, which after 2000 miles looks like new

All that HiViz stuff stains terribly (worse than Rick’s pants) and is nigh on impossible to restore to anything resembling an original finish
I bought a Helite vest last autumn and looked at some demo HiViz ones that looked poor and in the end went for a black one, which after 2000 miles looks like new

I have both a HiViz & black Helite AirVest and as stated by Jonny the HiViz stains terribly, I’ve probably only ridden 500 miles in the HiViz, all on an RT and it looks scruffy. The black one on the other hand has had a lot of wear, probably around 30,000 miles, many on an GSA and still look good.

I’d avoid all HiViz riding gear and use a HiViz vest if you think they make a difference.

I have both a HiViz & black Helite AirVest and as stated by Jonny the HiViz stains terribly, I’ve probably only ridden 500 miles in the HiViz, all on an RT and it looks scruffy. The black one on the other hand has had a lot of wear, probably around 30,000 miles, many on an GSA and still look good.

I’d avoid all HiViz riding gear and use a HiViz vest if you think they make a difference.

I've ridden over 20k miles with my Helite Hi Viz on an RT and mine still looks ok. But I do clean it with tech wash frequently, just gently rubbing the fabric and then rinse it off.

i have a hi-vis waistcoat , never worn it , still in its' bag , just for going abroad .

personally , if you need a hi-vis jacket to ride in ....change you riding style. if they ( car drivers ) can hit marked Police cars/bikes , they can hit you.

and yes i'm old and stupid , if i get hit by a car , it's my fault for not taking them as seriously stupid.

I have a pair of Underpants

Not just any underpants these are M&S underpants

I have had them a few months now and despite washing them a couple of times there are clearly skid marks in them and a slight piss stain that wont come out in the wash !

The Bastards at M&S will not replace them despite my claim that they should wash up and look like new afterward

Very disapointed

Wont use them again for future underpant purchase

Are they non-breathable undies? If so, try scrubbing them with Dr.Beckmann.:)

same issue

wore it all last week and it looked as black as the bike

hand washed it DAZ doesn't look much better - wife would not allow in the machine

wait until the elasticated cuffs fall off and the thing just bellows in the wind - try mentioning that at the twat in the cap shop

I’ve just sucked it up - won’t get another, no better than Richa rain warrior or oxford gear really

in fact, Richa rain warrior lasted years this has barely done 18 months of intermittent use

won’t fall for it again same jacket available at j&s AND was cheaper

only wearing it over drop liner jacket beacause the zip on the fukka has broken

Did Motolegends give you the “wear and tear” excuse too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
My thoughts too and never choose HiViz or light colours for bike clothes as road grime makes them look shabby in no time
Black (with reflective accents, every time) for me

Had something similar with a high vis jacket and an IXS light grey suit. Got them really dirty once each and never really managed to get a fine layer of fine gritty deposits out of the fabric weave. The IXS suit was brilliant at keeping the elements out and had lots of life but retired early as it looked awful and the finish didn't react well to my attempts to get it fully clean.

My grey Klim Badlands cleans up well and still looks like new after 7 years. I just wash it with a non-bio liquid then use wash in Nixwax tech wash so it’s not all light coloured gear that has the problem of holding onto the dirt.

In this thread: people discovering why motorcycle clothing has been black since the beginning of time.

I bought the same jacket many years ago and wore it fairly regularly for commuting , it went the same way after a few months / a season I didn’t realise quite how much it had gone grubby until I went into the shop after I’d had it a couple of years and saw a new one , they make your eyes bleed when you see a new one.

The tab on the zip broke after a couple of years but I just replaced it with a universal one. I absolutely love the jacket , it’s so comfy, stretchy , doesn’t flap about and whatever the inside coating is it makes it so easy to slip on over your regular jacket in seconds ….usually whilst my mate is ‘fighting’ to get his one

After 5-6 years of use I decided it looked too grubby , even though it still performed fine, and treated myself to a new one…….in black .

I bought the same jacket many years ago and wore it fairly regularly for commuting , it went the same way after a few months / a season I didn’t realise quite how much it had gone grubby until I went into the shop after I’d had it a couple of years and saw a new one , they make your eyes bleed when you see a new one.

The tab on the zip broke after a couple of years but I just replaced it with a universal one. I absolutely love the jacket , it’s so comfy, stretchy , doesn’t flap about and whatever the inside coating is it makes it so easy to slip on over your regular jacket in seconds ….usually whilst my mate is ‘fighting’ to get his one

After 5-6 years of use I decided it looked too grubby , even though it still performed fine, and treated myself to a new one…….in black .

Exactly my experience so far - The Scott jacket is the best rain over-jacket I’ve owned for ease of getting on, comfort and being waterproof and warm. I usually use it over a Belstaff leather jacket but occasionally have also put it on over a Rukka if it is really cold. I don’t really care if it looks grubby as long as it keeps doing the job!

Back
Top Bottom