500 Bullet

I’ve got one and once you recalibrate your brain to suit the slower speeds than most bikes they’re good fun to ride around quiet areas on.

Hundreds of thousands sold around the world, the last of the classic ones would be well sorted and 'bullet proof'

I have a green one and a blue one.
Both are euro3 EFI motors so drum brake on the rear and no abs.
I have fitted a carb in place of fuel injection on one.
I run a power commander V on the other.

I've learned that converting efi's to carb is quite popular. I understand it's for idling issues with efi systems. Is this correct?

The efi can be a bit snatchy around town and can be a bit off/on in slow corners.
Not all bikes are affected though, some are worse than others.
Some have a wandering tickover as the ecu and lamba sensor try to agree.
Carb brings back creamy smoothness to the throttle action.
The power commander does the same thing.

Took an old one up over the Himalayas. Two up. Over the highest road in the world. My avitar show me and my good lady crossing a glacier river!
Right hand gear change, with an extra lever to find neutral.
When going up the Khardong La (pretty steep) we were in gear 2 flat out for quite a long time it never missed a beat! Not that there was abundance of power but could still cruise at over 50mph on the level. Great fun, great bike but missed the power of my BM GS on the steeper hills. However I am no longer a boy racer or even an old croc racer!

I have looked at putting one in my stable as a run around. Lovely bikes - looks like a real bike- great sound.

Back
Top Bottom