New RT, what engine bars ?

SMcGirr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All, picking up my new RT later in the week, any advice and guidance on best engine bars ? I hope to keep it upright, but better to be prepared i think.

Hi All, picking up my new RT later in the week, any advice and guidance on best engine bars ? I hope to keep it upright, but better to be prepared i think.

Illium, tried and tested. Expensive, but work and fit. Mike at Sportouring is the uk distributor. He is also a very sound guy

Also go for black, have had problems with the silver ones, been replaced, but the paint wasn't good. Might have been a bad batch, but had to change 3 sets. The black ones have been fine on my bike since 2019

Tried the Wundelicht and personally think they are poor.

Same here, I had to clear out all the threads of Powdercoating, luckily I have a tap set.

Oh and Powdercoating was too thick on one bar end so it needed sanding off to get it in the cross brace!

Same here, I had to clear out all the threads of Powdercoating, luckily I have a tap set.

Oh and Powdercoating was too thick on one bar end so it needed sanding off to get it in the cross brace!

No issues with my Wunderlicht ones.

Thanks all, the Wunderlich ones look good on the website and a fair bit cheaper. Maybe have to save up some pennies though for the ilium ones

Thanks all, the Wunderlich ones look good on the website and a fair bit cheaper. Maybe have to save up some pennies though for the ilium ones

I have tested the Illium ones and they work :) But the rears are the winners as you can remove them if you don't have the panniers on. When I dropped my bike, I didn't have the rears on or bags, just my top box. The fronts did their job and there wasn't a mark on the bike, other than a scratch on the bars. I rubbed them down and rattle can them and they look like new. Paint was expensive though as it is an american plastic paint, but got loads left now for the next time.

Wunderlich

Not a fan of crash bars, but I think these don’t look to bad.

Attachments

• F97FCD9D-568A-4822-A7BE-3E062B2CF3F3.jpg
    F97FCD9D-568A-4822-A7BE-3E062B2CF3F3.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 143

Back
Top Bottom