Brighton - Bike parking

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Next Sunday a few of us are planning a ride to Brighton to see a mate finish the half marathon and meet my daughter who lives there.

Can anyone with local knowledge advise where we can park somewhere near i360 tower/west pier, thanks.

All the roads around there will be closed off . Best bet will be one of the NCP car parks . Take a big lock as nice bikes do get nicked from the town when big events are on

Also when a lot of fast cars or bikes etc are expected the Sussex speed camera vans often sit on the M23/A23 bridges.
Then there are the traffic wardens.
The congestion anywhere in the town can also be severe even without the road closures
Dont forget the thousands of extra (distracted)(inebriated) tourists trying to negotiate the traffic, the two cycle lanes (one for each direction), the runners and other regular tourists and locals on the seafront.
So Robbo is correct find a car park and walk. The prices of the parking can vary enormously. From free for a motorcycle to £29.70 for 5-6 hours.
Welcome to Sussex and Brighton.
It will still be a great day out though

Lots of on-street moto parking bays in Brighton and Hove. But many are quite small.
The Avenues in Hove offer parking close to the prom. Short walk to West Pier.
e.g. link .
But is the finish line the other end of town?

Moto parking near Brighton Pier and on Old Steine but I expect that area will chocka.
The council have moto parking maps. link
First choose your zone.

Brighton encourages bikes so there is plenty of parking, although on a Marathon sunday it might be busy.

Ride as far as Worthing, and get the train .. or Chichester - nice ride from Salisbury via the A272 - park up and train the last bit to Brighton..

Back
Top Bottom