Ireland west coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyRouteApp details Killarney, Healey Pass etc - ( IRL7 ) - excellent.

also details Ring of Kerry ( IRL5 ) but i would suggest opposite direction (clockwise) .
Tour Buses are restricted to one way around the Ring. This way you would not meet Tour Buses on narrow winding roads as you travel in same direction.

Sorry i do not have any particular recommendations for Rosslare accommodation.

I suppose......the main "biker friendly" requirement would be suitable parking for the bikes (safe parking)

I would imagine that is what is being enquired about....when that question is asked.

No need to go on the Nark lads.

You got it in one Younger!

Terminology not Tribal!

Perhaps I should have said ‘bike’ not ‘biker’ and added parking.

I sleep better knowing my bike is reasonably secure.

Parking can be pretty variable.

eg. 10/10 is the Buccleuch Hotel in Moffat the guys normally come and take my bike from me when I arrive and lock in its own private steel bike shed and hand me the key. Their bike sheds are kept in a yard that is locked and closed at night behind a massive steel gate. That’s proper belt and braces .

0/10 is when I’ve had to leave my bike parked in a open gated municipal car park away from my digs. Only forced to do this once, won’t do it again cos now I always check before I book.

I used stay at a great BnB in Hawes where the lady would open two 6ft gates to let me and bike into her back garden and then ask me to put the bike into her empty car garage. Brilliant.

Scrotes armed with a cordless angle grinder and a thin cutting blade will cut through any lock or any chain in a few seconds, nothing that you can add as mechanical security system to a bike is anywhere near 100% safe, however getting the bike out of sight helps.

Anyway, all booked up now and looking forward to a great ride.

Many thanks to all for your inputs.:thumb2

Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom