Incredibly Low Insurance Quote

Thanks for that Wessie, Ive 3 bikes so have been looking at multibike policies , confused and the like dont appear to do them. Rang the local NFU office and the woman i spoke to didnt want to do a quote, kept telling me "We're very expensive " without taking and details. I plan to call Bikesure.
Can i ask, youve got bikes on different policies, i was under the impression you can only use your no claims on one policy?

Bikesure sorted me with a 3 bike policy.

Left it a few days and they lowered their price to get my business, only a little bit but it all helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Wessie, Ive 3 bikes so have been looking at multibike policies , confused and the like dont appear to do them. Rang the local NFU office and the woman i spoke to didnt want to do a quote, kept telling me "We're very expensive " without taking and details. I plan to call Bikesure.
Can i ask, youve got bikes on different policies, i was under the impression you can only use your no claims on one policy?

I have a full NCB on both policies. I was forced into having 2 policies some years ago as a multibike policy was too expensive when I had two nearly new bikes. Ever since, 2 separate policies have been best value at around £100 per bike (R1200RS & S1000XR)

NFU quoted me £2000.- for a 3 bike insurance, that’s why she said they are expensive.

NFU quoted me £2000.- for a 3 bike insurance, that’s why she said they are expensive.

They don’t do motorcycles (it’s not their risk appetite)

They are great for quads though (think farmers)

I used to work with NFU mutual

I moved away from multi bikes quotes, getting a better deal with Bennett’s with two separate policies

So i think ive started to get somewhere, rang several brokers all reluctant to quote anyone other than Westbay (Marker Study) Contacted Bikesure who were supposed to call me back this morning but havent.
Anyway, Few years ago i was with Principal so i gave them a call. Started of by asking if they dealt with MarkerStudy.
"Why do you ask?"
"Id rather go elsewhere"
"Well we did up until mid march but we no longer deal with them"
Got all three bikes GS1250 , Himalayan and XJR1300 for £487 with european breakdown etc with Aviva. Its a little more than Westbay but hey ho.
What was also a surprise was the excess from £100 voluntary plus £600 compulsory on the GS to zero and £175. 175 on the Yamaha and 150 on the Himi.

I appreciate you never know til you use them but the reviews for Markerstudy are really poor, theres even an Anti FB page!

So if anyone, like me, is struggling to find a non Markerstudy policy try Principal.

Yes Zenith was a LLoyds syndicate that was bought by Markerstudy several years ago as they enjoyed a large expansion buying insurers (Chaucer etc) golf clubs, hotels etc to become one of the UK largest insurer.
Sell the business as a going good profitable business then covid, they lay off half the staff and new owners make many changes to underwriting skills, direction etc and with insurers they work on a 3 year rolling claim stats and as they as nearly all UK insurers have made huge losses they are having issues balancing the book. They currently have a large staff shortage and i hear many complaints about the claims side of things about the low value offered for written off vehicles and time scales. They are a good company but just lost there way at the moment.

This is all my personal opinion and has no bearing on who i work for or with.

Back
Top Bottom