Do you have ‘Time For Kids’

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some of you already know of an initiative I have started about giving old watches to less fortunate kids.

Through the kindness of some members, I’ve gathered in some old watches etc that I give to less fortunate kids in our community so they get to know what a ‘real’ watch is and how to tell the time. The joy and gratitude they show is a wonderful feeling that makes it all worthwhile.

The local headteacher west side of Edinburgh is delighted to support this and helps find the right kids, managing the good feeling and any jagged remarks of favouritism or displeasure.

I’d like to share my “Time for Kids” initiative with those of you so inclined on here.

So, I’d like to invite those who can, and have available, to donate to me their analogue watches that they no longer want or can spare - FOC. I don’t have funds to support this, just a spirit of doing some good. It’s not a charity and is simply an act of kindness to kids who maybe don’t have very much.

I’ll happily answer queries openly or by PM for any donations.

A chance for some of us to give back!

Jim

Can you take watches that need batteries? I have a few old watches knocking around. I had a thing about watches for a while. I might spend €80-150 on a watch while on holidays and they would just languish in a draw till the battery runs out. I have an Apple Watch now so I just don’t bother with them any longer. I’d be happy to send you what I have but some would need batteries and some would be €10 cheapy cheap. JJH

Absolutely and given watches are a hobby of mine, I’ll happily put the batteries in.

Thank you EVER SO much! That’s brilliant.

I’ll pm my details.

Thank you

Jim

What a great idea.

I'm very much in favour of giving to those who are less fortunate that myself and do so often.

A few years ago a cheap Sekonda was my favourite watch because it was so light so something like this would be ideal.

Sadly mine wouldn't work after I replaced the battery so I replaced it with something else.

Please PM me and I'll donate £100 so you can buy watches you deem suitable to donate to such a worthy cause.

Well done.

What a great idea.

I'm very much in favour of giving to those who are less fortunate that myself and do so often.

A few years ago a cheap Sekonda was my favourite watch because it was so light so something like this would be ideal.

Sadly mine wouldn't work after I replaced the battery so I replaced it with something else.

Please PM me and I'll donate £100 so you can buy watches you deem suitable to donate to such a worthy cause.

Well done.

Wow Steve

I really hadn’t foreseen this kindness. Already on here I’ve been pm’d with kind offers.

What a great crowd on here!

I will send my details as requested but please do not feel obliged to do this. I have no accounts set up or formal receipts to issue as I’ve done this so far very privately. The kids wear them with pride.

All the very best

Jim

Pm me with details I have at least 2 or maybe 3 sitting at home

Hi lmg and Neil

Many thanks indeed for your kindness.

I’ve pmd you with my details.

Thank you very much!

All the very best

Jim

I believe I have a watch or two in drawers, send me an address please.

Bloody hell guys. This is unreal levels of kindness. Thank you all ever so much.

I’ll pm the 3 of you now

Jim

I have an old watch. I'll take it next week for a new battery, assuming it works I will send it over :idea

Don't know your location but I will be in Alloa on Weds...

Hi Martin

That’s great, thank you.

If okay could you stick in the post to me please? I’ll pm my details. No worries if you can’t manage.

Hope that’s okay?

All the very best and thank you

Jim

Being posted this mornind :) - As mentioned I have not had time (no pun intended) to get a new battery fitted...

Attachments

• seconda.jpg
    seconda.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 242
Hi Jim

I have a couple I can donate, just drop me a PM with the address please

Cheers
Tony

Seems I’m gonna have lots of time on my hands Martin (pun is intended!)

The kindness and support on here has blown me away. Can’t thank everyone enough.

All the very best

Jim

Today and yesterday a whole load of watches arrived from you kind folk on here. Absolutely fantastic and I really can’t thank you enough - you know who you are.

My warmest regards!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom