Tarp Poles

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have several tarp poles of varying sizes but mostly either too bulky for the bike - I store them the length of the pannier rather than across the seat - but tall enough to sit under comfortably or nice and compact but too short to sit under in a camp chair.

Anyone have any suggestions for a type that might work? I'm thinking something that extends to around 5 foot give or take a bit and is preferably not much longer than the length of a 0a nietwhen collapsed.

I cut a set down with a 15mm pipe cutter ti fit inside my panniers ad or take away to get desired height.

I bought 2 sets of these and two sets of the shorter ones. ( 180cm I think ). May have been 240cm?

https://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Robens_Tarp_Press_Pole_210cm/

You can mix and match the various poles to make various matching / non matching lengths. You can have them all the same length or sloping one way or the other. They are very strong but very light too. :thumb2

Hey all,

I have several tarp poles of varying sizes but mostly either too bulky for the bike - I store them the length of the pannier rather than across the seat - but tall enough to sit under comfortably or nice and compact but too short to sit under in a camp chair.

Anyone have any suggestions for a type that might work? I'm thinking something that extends to around 5 foot give or take a bit and is preferably not much longer than the length of a 0a nietwhen collapsed.

Buy a Decathlon Tarp, they come with poles that breakdown into sections that easily fit inside a BMW Ali pannier or in my case now a KTM plastic pannier and what’s more included with the poles you get a ‘free’ tarp all for less than just the poles from elsewhere. Buy 2 and you have all sorts of set up options.

If 130 cm is tall enough these might work for you link

Interestingly the second picture looks like the steel poles that I have and they are fine for sitting under.

Some great ideas here, thanks all. Especially like the Decathlon suggestion.

As they aren't a massive UK name I forget they literally sell everything for the outdoors!

Back
Top Bottom