Tail light condensation

Orbit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I noticed today that my rear tail light as quiet a bit of condensation inside it. Does the unit have an air vent in the rear ? No obvious damage and can't see how water would get in. No real heat generated by tail light illumination to dry it out.

Not getting any better!

I think I'll have a trip to the dealer this weekend and see how good the Used Bike Warranty is.....

Attachments

• PXL_20230324_112650217.jpg
    PXL_20230324_112650217.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 233
  • PXL_20230324_112630031.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230324_112630031.MP.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 236
There is a rubber seal on the connecting plate. Take it off, allow to dry, then refit. It may be the rubber isn't seated correctly.

If the seal is damaged, you can always remove it and use polyurethane black silicone to seal it again. I used it many times on many things. It seals well, it's very durable and it's flexible. Ah, and it makes strong bond between parts.

Dropped in to Wolverhampton BMW who didn't really want to entertain a Warranty Claim as the tail light still works?? I did explain that it's a sealed unit and therefore had failed but they weren't really interested and didn't even have a look at it. They said they would contact BMW on Monday just to check but likely hood will be a 'No'.

I think that's a bit shit considering I've only had it 2 mths albeit from Vertu Sunderland.

Dropped in to Wolverhampton BMW who didn't really want to entertain a Warranty Claim as the tail light still works?? I did explain that it's a sealed unit and therefore had failed but they weren't really interested and didn't even have a look at it. They said they would contact BMW on Monday just to check but likely hood will be a 'No'.

I think that's a bit shit considering I've only had it 2 mths albeit from Vertu Sunderland.

Agree, that's shite.
Clearly a seal has failed. Imagine buying a conservatory, and then two months later one of the sealed units gas seals failed and it clouded up ?

I shouldn't worry to much I'm shore some one will sell you a aftermarket gold fish when the light has fully filled up.:jes

Well after the initial reluctance to submit a Claim, BMW have authorised the claim. New taillight to be fitted soon.

Back
Top Bottom