Another first time KTM owner.

leasky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
N.E Scotland / Middle of the sand pit....
Well, after 20 years on BM’s (all R series with the exception of an XR); I have turned a shade of Orange.

Me and my last GSA (my fourth) parted company, at speed, last July; she went to BMW heaven and I went to hospital for a while.

Fully recovered now and physio almost finished and wanted to try something a little different.
6cd0b99660dd5929921a49cce8bb8553.jpg

This lovely example got dropped off yesterday and I am very happy so far.

2019 with 3K on the clock, 1 owner, full luggage and a full Ackro system and a few other very useful extras.

Roll on the better weather.
f0359ea9459a75c965d3d12dfe5e4bbe.jpg

736dd0ae6990237de85aec2e8e678264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mega bikes.

Looking forward to a review when you’re riding it.

great bikes, had mine from new

enjoy :thumb:thumb

Attachments

• rsz_dscn4026.jpg
    rsz_dscn4026.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 217
I went from a GS to an SD GT. Had it for a year, but never really trusted it. The fuel filler cap opened when it wanted and had to be replaced. I spent 45 minutes at a petrol station once waiting for it to decide to open. I used to stop away from the pumps, open the filler cap, then ride to the pump even after it had been replaced. The auto pre load wouldn't adjust and had to be replaced. I'm back on a GS.

The KTM was brilliant when it worked but there was always a lingering doubt that it might have another electrical gremlin. The panniers were tiny and the release mechanism was nowhere near as robust as on the GS. The TFT is way better on the GS. Most of the stuff on the KTM is too small to see without glasses. The BMW screen is a class or two above.

I still have my 790 Duke but would never have another KTM. I simply don't trust them.

After that, I think I need to have a try....

Lovely bike......best of luck with it

S20 5G sent this......

I'm a big fan of single sided swing arms,aka Ducati,looks good on the KTM too.

Nice bike you have there :thumb

Back
Top Bottom