Unboxing an 850 Commando……..

Oh dear. It should be subtitled, "How to show your ignorance."

I got 19 minutes in and having cringed so much, I had to stop after they claimed that the US had invented Imperial size ratchet drives.

Oh dear. It should be subtitled, "How to show your ignorance."

I got 19 minutes in and having cringed so much, I had to stop after they claimed that the US had invented Imperial size ratchet drives.

They did also say the British are very clever people;; or used to be;:D

How do they find these bikes .

In the 80's there was a second hand shop in Sunderland that had been a motorcycle dealership in the 60' and 70's , when the owner died the building was in a right state but a number of crated bikes were discovered before it was demolished

Sure they were gt125 ,gt185 and other smaller stuff that obviously went unsold.

Stuff back then was often unsold as the models changed on a yearly basis and so got stuffed in warehouses and forgotten about

In the 80's there was a second hand shop in Sunderland that had been a motorcycle dealership in the 60' and 70's , when the owner died the building was in a right state but a number of crated bikes were discovered before it was demolished

Sure they were gt125 ,gt185 and other smaller stuff that obviously went unsold.

Stuff back then was often unsold as the models changed on a yearly basis and so got stuffed in warehouses and forgotten about
Which shop/dealership was that? I'm from Sunderland, so curious. I remember Croziers near the town centre. He was a strange old boy and had a load of old bikes in there.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's the one ,couldn't rremember the name. I would describe him more of a cantakerous old b#gger and that is being polite.

When I worked there Kawasaki World was still on High Street West, there was a place next to Cinema at Park Lane /Holmside and Graham Little's was on the North side

That's the one ,couldn't rremember the name. I would describe him more of a cantakerous old b#gger and that is being polite.

When I worked there Kawasaki World was still on High Street West, there was a place next to Cinema at Park Lane /Holmside and Graham Little's was on the North side
His shop was piled deep and high. Most of it was left to rot as he didn't want to sell anything. Your description is accurate. I remember going in with my dad who asked about the price of a bike and was effectively told to bugger off. I bet most of what he guarded so zealously ended up as scrap as that terrace was derelict and crumbling by the time he died.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Two pics of Silksworth Row, one is when Croziers was a bike shop and the other when it was over the road and a second hand dealers, sure he owned half the shops on the road

Attachments

• d737c10d636a5f4e80ed859ca39b9828.jpg
    d737c10d636a5f4e80ed859ca39b9828.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 72eb42ef43b301e9bbefefee7262deff.jpg
    72eb42ef43b301e9bbefefee7262deff.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 153
Commando 850

I've owned this one for 30 years and it still gives me a big smile when I ride it and in that time I've had 5 BMW's which have given me more problems and cost more to maintain than the Norton has and its tax and mot exempt

Attachments

• 20140703_202203.jpg
    20140703_202203.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 107
Commando

Oh and it goes and sounds great with its original exhaust

Attachments

• 20140703_202325.jpg
    20140703_202325.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom