7/890 Screen

Redboots

Member well-known
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The problem:
Low setting - too much head buffeting - at all sorts of speeds.
High setting - to much head buffeting over about 110 kph
I'm 1.75/5'9" tall

I bought another screen from Aliexpress (looks EXACTLY like the original) and have cut 50 mm off the top edge and put it back on the bike on the low setting.
Not tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will put my shoulders/head in the breeze.

Has anyone tried moding their screen, as opposed to shelling out for an aftermarket jobbie?
I'm not really interested in being behind a taller screen. I have a car for that:p

Just keep chopping 20mm off the Aliexpress screen until you find the sweet spot ;-)

Although the shape / curve probably has a lot to do with it as well as height, on my 1190 I never found a screen that worked for all eventualities, in the end I ran standard for local summer blasts and a Puig Touring which was great on motorways and in cool weather, but gave no fresh air when hot, but I tried 3-4 others in my attempts to find a good balanced screen.

Got lucky first time on 1290 as Puig Touring for 1290 is not too tall and is a good compromise, and I chuck a spoiler on top for the long hauls out of the UK and unbolt it when I hit the back roads.

I bought a wedge that angles my stock screen forwards, works fine for me.

Went out this morning with the 50 mm lopped off. Much, much better. Wind just on the shoulders and above.
Just a bit of noisy turbulence by the top of my visor on both sides.
Another 15-20 mm off and maybe clip the "ears" of the screen should do it.

I bought a wedge that angles my stock screen forwards, works fine for me.

Where does one get those? Linky?

Back
Top Bottom