Where to get TPMS sensors

Cheers Mistacat,what else can you use the wake up tool for ����

At that price it does not need to do anything else. :)
If the bike has not been used for a while in winter I sometimes use the wake up tool on both wheels rather than using a tyre pressure gauge.
Saves crawling around on the astroturf in the bike shed. ;)

At that price it does not need to do anything else. :)
If the bike has not been used for a while in winter I sometimes use the wake up tool on both wheels rather than using a tyre pressure gauge.
Saves crawling around on the astroturf in the bike shed. ;)

Fair play mate, I did look it up after I posted 🙄,
Cheers Baza 👍

I have tried everything to test them off the wheel , even made
a jig to spin them up in the lathe.
The only thing that I have found that wakes them up off and on the bike is the Chinese wake up tool, see picture.

Also on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14400071...77DNYji+d3q6lwjuXK2ev6qZWk|tkp:Bk9SR77WgOXlYQ

0FEdr2O.png
[/IMG]

Just ordered one,thanks again 👍😉

Must be someone local (Merseyside) on here that has the wake-up tool? I have one I would happily lend but I'm at least an hour away.

It's something you don't use often! Maybe 3 or 4 times in 5 years for me.

Baza - if you don't have the wake-up tool and GS-911, you can do one wheel at a time, but go for a ride between times until the wheel you have just done is recognised by the bike. i.e. do one, change the battery, put it back and ride until the bike "sees" the tpms sensor, then do the other one. There are many reports of this working just fine. Worked for me a while back! If you replace the battery in the tpms, the bike would hopefully "remember" the last setting...

Cheers bro, I’ve ordered one it should be here tomorrow,I’ve gone “all professional”🙄🤣
If it doesn’t come before the wheels back on, I’ll try your method first 😉👍
Cheers Baza

Must be someone local (Merseyside) on here that has the wake-up tool? I have one I would happily lend but I'm at least an hour away.

It's something you don't use often! Maybe 3 or 4 times in 5 years for me.

Thanks for the offer mate, my wake up tool came today,the lazy bugga’s still asleep tho 🙄 going out on the after to see if that works 🤞
Cheers Baza

All you need to do is hold the tool next to the sensor, and within a couple of metres of the bike. When you turn on the ignition the bike should "see" the sensor. That's what happened with my new 3141m but I did have the GS-911 plugged in, which "saw" the sensor via the bike ;)

All you need to do is hold the tool next to the sensor, and within a couple of metres of the bike. When you turn on the ignition the bike should "see" the sensor. That's what happened with my new 3141m but I did have the GS-911 plugged in, which "saw" the sensor via the bike ;)

Ah the old GS-911 holds the key me thinks 🤔
still a lot of money tho 😩

Didn't the tyre pressure come up on the dash as 0 PSI? Mine did (but mine's a later 2018 machine). The dash recognised the sensor on the dash once the wake-up tool had woken the sensor...

Didn't the tyre pressure come up on the dash as 0 PSI? Mine did (but mine's a later 2018 machine). The dash recognised the sensor on the dash once the wake-up tool had woken the sensor...

No mate got nowt on dash,☹️gonna give it a run later, downside is I haven’t sorted the battery correctly 😩🤯🤦*♂️
Cheers Baza

Before the cheap replacements became available we replaced the batteries but always used the batteries that came with tags spot welded to them.
Trying to solder directly onto the battery casing often kills the battery. Even after re-potting them they seemed to fail after a couple of years.
The Chinese ones that I have purchased have had the BMW logo / part number and Schrader on them. Purchased from Aliexpress I guess I have been lucky.
In the past I Deleted a sensor from the list with a GS911 and woke a new sensor up and it automatically wrote the code to ECU.
Recently I tried removing a sensor made sure it was a long way from the bike , then woke a new sensor up near the bike, it automatically deleted the old code and wrote in the new code just using the wake up tool , the GS911 was only used to observe this happening.

Looks like a fail probably on my part😩,but is there anyway of testing the “Wake Up Tool”🤔
yes it flashes like the clappers😁
Cheers Baza

You have to hold it against the tyre as near to the sensor as possible.
You could try it on a mates bike if the bike has been stood for 15 minutes switch the ignition on and go through the menu with the info button until the tyre pressure page, then see if it wakes his sensors.
Vauxhall and GM cars are also on the same 433MZ frequency. probably loads of others ??? someone will know.

You could try it on a mates bike if the bike has been stood for 15 minutes switch the ignition on and go through the menu with the info button until the tyre pressure page, then see if it wakes his sensors.
Vauxhall and GM cars are also on the same 433MZ frequency. probably loads of others ??? someone will know.
I’ve done the holding it close to the sensor,the funny thing is I drive a 66 plate Corsa 🤦*♂️👍
Not to sure how to test it on my motor tho,
Just found a YouTube vid,back later 🤞😉
Cheers for your reply mate 👍

Ibex - you are relatively local, you can borrow my TPMS "wake up" tool if you like, assuming you have a GS-911 to reprogram your bike, or just change one sensor at a time and go for a ride inbetween!

I also have a "spare" rear wheel with a 3141M in it, you could try and make sure your bike will recognise a 3141 (asuming you have a 911). Obv the wheel won't fit, but your bike should recognise the 3141 if held close enough to your bike with the wake-up tool and 911

I have actually bought a pair of sensors direct from Schrader having been told that a lot of the cheap and cheerful sensors wont talk to the BMW technology! The sensors were half the BMW cost but still hit me for £185 for the pair! Sadly my friendly tyre fitting chap doesn't have the correct bit of kit to get the new sensors to work on my bike! For some reason the £5k bit of kit he has works on everything BUT BMW bikes! So now I'm stuck with a flashing red warning light on the dash telling me my tyre pressures are 0.3 bar.

What's the best bit of kit on the market for a private individual like me to do this without troubling Mr BMW?

The cheap Chinese sensors I have purchased have had Shrader on them.
Just fitted my summer wheels and the front sensor battery was dead ( many years old so not surprised).
I have 2 sets coded to the ECU. Just out of interest I thought that I would fit the new sensor without deleting the old code with the GS911 , lo and behold when I woke the new sensor with the wake up tool it deleted the old code and wrote the new sensor code to the ECU.
In theory this should work without the wake up tool by just riding the bike. But for £6 The wake up tool is handy, I should have woken the sensors before fitting the summer wheels and seen that a sensor was dead, lesson learnt.

The wake-up tool works by sending a 125 KHz signal to the sensor that wakes it up.

A great many sensors use 433 MHz but there are also a great many different protocols. BMW's motorcycle protocol is almost entirely unique.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have actually bought a pair of sensors direct from Schrader having been told that a lot of the cheap and cheerful sensors wont talk to the BMW technology! The sensors were half the BMW cost but still hit me for £185 for the pair! Sadly my friendly tyre fitting chap doesn't have the correct bit of kit to get the new sensors to work on my bike! For some reason the £5k bit of kit he has works on everything BUT BMW bikes! So now I'm stuck with a flashing red warning light on the dash telling me my tyre pressures are 0.3 bar.

What's the best bit of kit on the market for a private individual like me to do this without troubling Mr BMW?

Sounds like you bought programmable sensors rather than the pre-programmed Schrader 3141M.

Don't despair just yet. Ask the chap if he can program the sensors as if they were being installed into a 2008 - 2010 Saturn Astra. This is said to be one of the very few other vehicles that use the same protocol as is used by BMW on motorcycles (pre-2022).

That is one of those little nuggets of info this forum is great for!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom