Airhead Weekend - Miners Standard - 16 - 18 June

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Miner's Standard at Winster. The weekend of JUNE 16th, 17th, 18th.

Location The Miner's Winster

Doesn't look like breakfast will be a go-er, so I'd suggest people cater for themselves before the organised rides leave.

From previous posts list of attendees:

Another GSGSGS - Camping 1 night
Posh Pete
MickDB1 - visiting
F8GS
TinyTim
AndyB_11
Wapping

Please add to the list if I've missed anyone out or if you're interested.

Mick has suggested he'd be able to lead a ride.

Would someone like to step up to offer a green lane ride if there was enough interest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame, I shall be heading to the alps with my airhead that weekend. Never mind, enjoy!

I'm still in, including breakfast. You've spared me the awkwardness of being away on my wedding anniversary and presented the opportunity for the perfect father's day gift.....away riding my bike. Effin legend.

Right then never mind breakfast time because I can’t confirm I’ll even be there let alone book a breakfast so…

I’m scheduled to arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday afternoon so if everything goes according to plan I can make it. That gives me 2 days to sort my work shit out, find camping gear, load it on a bike and scurry across the tops to the Peak District in time for Friday evening beers :beerjug:

Right then never mind breakfast time because I can’t confirm I’ll even be there let alone book a breakfast so…

I’m scheduled to arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday afternoon so if everything goes according to plan I can make it. That gives me 2 days to sort my work shit out, find camping gear, load it on a bike and scurry across the tops to the Peak District in time for Friday evening beers :beerjug:

I shall find out what time brekky is... 07.30 / 08.00 is my guess. Look forward to seeing you on the Friday night.

I'm still in, including breakfast. You've spared me the awkwardness of being away on my wedding anniversary and presented the opportunity for the perfect father's day gift.....away riding my bike. Effin legend.

We do our best to please. :D

Suits me better. Had tickets booked for t'opera on t'other date!

Sent from me

All things being even, I am up for this event.

Will aim to get there on the Friday.

I may well motorhome it, so breakfast TBA.

Hi.
I won't be joining you now.
Sincere apologies to those who have organised it.
Have a great time all and stay safe

Ill be there with my carer Tufty, breakfast Saturday please, riding down to Spain Sunday

GUYS, everything is organised. There aren't enough wanting breakfast for the chef to come in at this stage, but that could change if more want them.... BUT, I have just had an event come to me for Safety Boat for the weekend. it is for 3 boats too, so I can't afford to turn it away. I won't be able to make it. Are you all happy to meet up and I can provide a set of route notes unless someone who knows the area is willing to lead a ride again.

I am sorry, but I have just had a month without work so this is a shot in the arm for us.

As King Rat is not able to make this weekend anymore and the last post was mine over a month ago, I have a few questions.

Is everyone still interested in this event?

Do we still have the camping booked?

Can somebody give me Moderator rights to this section to do a bit of editing and, unless anybody objects, I'll take over to try and make sure the weekend happens. (Don't really want the limelight if someone else wants to do it)

Discuss?

As King Rat is not able to make this weekend anymore and the last post was mine over a month ago, I have a few questions.

Is everyone still interested in this event?

Do we still have the camping booked?

Can somebody give me Moderator rights to this section to do a bit of editing and, unless anybody objects, I'll take over to try and make sure the weekend happens. (Don't really want the limelight if someone else wants to do it)

Discuss?
There is no limelight to "fight" over. Good idea to get Mod rights as this thread I had forgotten about/dismissed. Was going to suggest a new thread but if you can edit the heading with a date it should "reignite" the thread. (y) ....and yes, all being well Im up for it; as long as bollox will be spoken of course. (Im good at talking utter bollox). Go for it Tufty. :cool:

Guys, I can’t make this weekend now, the Aussies are coming over so I had best spend some time with them ( it is, after all a long way to come 🤭)
I have cancelled my single room in the pub so if you want it be quick
Have a good weekend guys .

Back
Top Bottom