Gerbing jacket problem

jasper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Wondering , hoping , if somebody can help with getting a Gerbing heated jacket to work correctly.
Is wired to battery, have tried positive remote port and directly onto the battery without much success. It’s warm , but not operating the controller , so assume it’s not getting enough power. Have tried a different controller and jacket has been back to Gerbing , and replaced the battery cable .They say it’s fine .
HELP please, has anyone else had problems.

Cheers

I gave upon the Gerbing brand after multiple controller failures and moved over to Keis .
That said , my Keis jacket suffered a broken wire within one sleeve .
So , there are examples of a couple of possibilities ?

I have the latest Garbing jacket, wired direct to the battery. I have the controller which connects the jacket and the gloves, so the gloves are powered through the jacket.

Even in below zero temps I have never needed the jacket higher than level 2, above 3 degs, level 1 is fine. I only wear a very thin base layer, if I wear a merino wool top, I can not feel the heat nearly as much

I have the latest Garbing jacket, wired direct to the battery. I have the controller which connects the jacket and the gloves, so the gloves are powered through the jacket.

Even in below zero temps I have never needed the jacket higher than level 2, above 3 degs, level 1 is fine. I only wear a very thin base layer, if I wear a merino wool top, I can not feel the heat nearly as much

Hi
It’s a 2022 gs with the remote positive post.
Have to linked to that or directly onto the battery.

I have the lead to the neg and to the pos post. Have u get the correct fuse in the holder for the amp of the jacket, assuming the fuse isn’t blown.

Hi
Wondering , hoping , if somebody can help with getting a Gerbing heated jacket to work correctly.
Is wired to battery, have tried positive remote port and directly onto the battery without much success. It’s warm , but not operating the controller , so assume it’s not getting enough power. Have tried a different controller and jacket has been back to Gerbing , and replaced the battery cable .They say it’s fine .
HELP please, has anyone else had problems.

Cheers

The Gerbing jacket that I use have 2 connectors, 1 for the jacket and 1 that connects to gloves and/or pants. I assume you use the correct connector. On my Gerbing jacket the connectors are also color-coded, thus black connector in jacket connects to the black output from controller, while yellow connector leads to optional pants as well as gloves..

Is there any chance that the controller is connected to the wrong plug?

The Gerbing jacket that I use have 2 connectors, 1 for the jacket and 1 that connects to gloves and/or pants. I assume you use the correct connector. On my Gerbing jacket the connectors are also color-coded, thus black connector in jacket connects to the black output from controller, while yellow connector leads to optional pants as well as gloves..

Is there any chance that the controller is connected to the wrong plug?

The newer jackets have 3 connectors. White to white on controller for jacket, blue to blue for gloves, which effectively by passes the digital controller and provides full power to the gloves lead. Gloves are independently controlled by cuff heat switches.

No all correctly connected. It heats up but there’s a problem as it’s not hot enough and the controllers lights don’t show. Haven’t even tried the gloves yet, and yes they are the ones with the independent controls.
Using a 7.5 fuse for jacket only.
Are you guys using the remote, easily to get at positive accessory point or both positive and neg leads directly on the battery.

Back
Top Bottom