Oil leak rear shaft

bazman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys is this a quick fix without special tools? No play in rear wheel, just oil weeping after run out today. Had a quick Google,but no info on LC models, plenty about Hexheads. Last time I was into a rear diff was my 1150 a good few years back. Thanks Baz.
83ba0e466dbf9f81a76e5a896e6587f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

RUNAWAY...... ITS GOING TO EXPLODE:hide

Either dirt behind the seal,

quick fix is a seal wiper

Or there is a bit to much play in the bearings

the LC's have good reliability im led to believe

Mikeyboy, is the best person to ask (assuming it's out of warranty )

Assuming no-one`s going to advocate the old `punch three holes in the seal screw self tappers in and pull the seal out from the outside` trick i don`t think you`re going to have too much trouble replacing the seal and no special tools required.

If you split the case the crown wheel will come off with the case cover;

You should then be able to prise the old seal out easily enough;

RUNAWAY...... ITS GOING TO EXPLODE:hide
:doh

Either dirt behind the seal,

quick fix is a seal wiper

Or there is a bit to much play in the bearings

the LC's have good reliability im led to believe

Mikeyboy, is the best person to ask (assuming it's out of warranty )

Cheers mate, have been informed its an easy fix, prize out, and carefully remove and fit new seal, although about a month out of warranty, may be worth a try at my dealer. :beerjug:

Assuming no-one`s going to advocate the old `punch three holes in the seal screw self tappers in and pull the seal out from the outside` trick i don`t think you`re going to have too much trouble replacing the seal and no special tools required.

If you split the case the crown wheel will come off with the case cover;

You should then be able to prise the old seal out easily enough;

Ahh I see, abit more indepth work to be carried out then, cheers for the help :okay

Isn't it the same procedure as the Hexhead?

Lever off the cover, pop a hole in the seal and, a self tapper and pull it out and tap the new one in?
Took about 15 minutes on my Hexhead.

Isn't it the same procedure as the Hexhead?

Lever off the cover, pop a hole in the seal and, a self tapper and pull it out and tap the new one in?
Took about 15 minutes on my Hexhead.

That's what I was told on a Facebook group, everyone has their own way isuppose :nenau

Back
Top Bottom