Anyone Have Any Feedback On The Halvarssons Naren Jacket?

Popinman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per the title.

Anyone have one? Any feedback on it welcomed please.

Looking at the Motolegends video it seems well regarded as a lightweight laminated jacket for a reasonable price.

I’m not wanting to spend Rukka or Klim money, so it looks like a decent alternative.

Thanks.

2 years warranty vs lifetime on Klim and 6 on Rukka..Nice jacket though. Don't have one but had halvarssons kit in the past and for the pice you could almost get a new "cheaper" jacket each year. Food for thought

2 years warranty vs lifetime on Klim and 6 on Rukka..Nice jacket though. Don't have one but had halvarssons kit in the past and for the pice you could almost get a new "cheaper" jacket each year. Food for thought

Cheers for the reply and definitely food for thought. There’s a good £200+ difference for a laminate Rukka or Klim version, but totally get the warranty consideration.

More food for thought:
I am looking at buying the Carlsbad, Stadler or a Rukka jacket in the near future. I had 2 Rukka jackets replaced under warranty and until the first leaked I swore by Rukka. But 2 laking at the elbows and belly was enough. 1 at 5 years old and 1 after 2 years. Both leaked. Good thing about the warranty was that it was straightforward. Bad thing with 2nd replacement was that the model was no longer on the books so I was offered a cash alternative value towards my next jacket (the value of the Jacket at RRP....). Now that's all good and well, but costs had risen so much due to inflation and covid in the time of first purchase, I was effectively priced out of a replacement. And I was actually left needing to pay a fair few quid towards a new Rukka. Seeing as 2 had leaked already I chose to go with a different brand of jacket, which also leaked. This was returned and I am now using my 12 year old cheapy SPADA jacket. And have managed through this winter. Its totally old, frayed and mashed cuffs, arm fasteners have been cut off as they stretched and were useless, I had darts cut into the sleeve ends to get my new gloves undr th cuffs etc. It is OLD...and used. The inside pocket zip doesn't work, not a laminate, gets soaked but keeps me dry and I hang it up on the heater at work to dry out for my return journey. But I paid £135 for it. It has multiple waterproof pockets. The jacket zip is double ended so zips up from bottom as well making bending and fixing punctures etc easier. Pockets inside the liner and inside the jacket. Great venting on arms, shoulders,, back etc. It has endured. It is still waterproof but just looks shit! I wouldn't want to ride on a tour with it because if it gets wet, it gets heavy...but for home - work - home it works. Worst comes to it, I can always put a waterproof over it. It has all and more practical features than the expensive jackets have. I often wonder why the expensive brands don't do half the features these cheapo ones do. I commute an hour each way everyday so I justify things that way
Now the reason I am looking at the expensive jackets is I do not really want to spend so much more time looking and reading reviews of the latest and greatest for the next 2 years..... I just want one that is going to last me the next ten years, saving me that time. The budget laminates don't really inspire confidence anymore and touring in a tent with a drop liner jacket has proven too wet in the past.. If that kind of makes sense? So I have been saving up over this winter and will have the benefit of cash refund from the previous purchase to help. Expensive hobbies we have

I've the stadler,very good, bone dry, but not the warmest I use a warm n safe base layer in the winter

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I've the stadler,very good, bone dry, but not the warmest I use a warm n safe base layer in the winter

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Yeah, this last cold snap I have been wearing a down jacket under my cheapo. I am prepared to do that. I suspect the Klim will be even less warm...I have Stadler trousers and rate them, so trust the brand

I wear a Klim Carlsbad which is easily the best jacket I’ve ever had. Totally waterproof brilliant pockets, features and ventilation.
Klim don’t come with a thermal liner, so you just layer up accordingly dependant on temperature obviously.

Watched that review earlier. Looks a decent jacket. I’ve also looked at the Rukka Kalix 2 and I’m tempted by that. Extra £££’s but does that 6 year warranty compensate for that…….? Not sure based on Adventuredon’s comments above…..but I do have a Rukka Amrmaxis that I’m selling and this has been absolutely bomb proof. Too much choice ;)

I’m a fan of Halvarssons kit. I currently have their Vansbro jacket and Wish pant suit. It has been totally reliable and after 3 years, still looks very good. Prior to the Vansbro, I had their Walkyr jacket. It was ok, but not very well fitting.

The only niggles I have with the Vansbro is the main zip storm flap Velcro, which tends to shred technical T Shirts as it is on the wrong side and sticks to things when the jacket is open, and the thermal lining, which zips in and can be a bit restrictive. The Gruven jacket will probably be my next one and both of these issues are resolved.

I’m a fan of Halvarssons kit. I currently have their Vansbro jacket and Wish pant suit. It has been totally reliable and after 3 years, still looks very good. Prior to the Vansbro, I had their Walkyr jacket. It was ok, but not very well fitting.

The only niggles I have with the Vansbro is the main zip storm flap Velcro, which tends to shred technical T Shirts as it is on the wrong side and sticks to things when the jacket is open, and the thermal lining, which zips in and can be a bit restrictive. The Gruven jacket will probably be my next one and both of these issues are resolved.

The Bering jacket I returned had the same issue. Velcro was on the wrong side and kept snagging ties that I was wearing. Got rally irritating and why they hadn't thought thos through at design stages is beyonde me.

As per the title.

Anyone have one? Any feedback on it welcomed please.

Looking at the Motolegends video it seems well regarded as a lightweight laminated jacket for a reasonable price.

I’m not wanting to spend Rukka or Klim money, so it looks like a decent alternative.

Thanks.

Looks to be Halvarssons version of the Lindtrands Sunne with more subdued colours, I have the latter and it is well made ,comfortable and I hope waterproof

Back
Top Bottom