Kawasaki Ninja 400 - anyone ride one?

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Few minor health problems so may have to go 'light' !! My ZX9r seem's to take me for a ride and not the other way around :D

Lovely local Ninja 400 would appear to be for sale...so just aski9ng for any feedback ( seen the U-Tube stuff etc )

Used to have a ‘94 ZXR400, bike was amazing to ride, great front end and such nimble handling. Nothing happened below 6000rpm which would require a few down changes on the road?
It saved my life on the road, I was in my mid 20’s and had an R1 as my only transport.
I was young(er), dumb and full of… enthusiasm and getting close to confusing my ability with my ambition.

So two years with BMCRC calmed me down

Attachments

• C1826EB9-7828-4D6E-B003-C7579CCF5319.jpg
    C1826EB9-7828-4D6E-B003-C7579CCF5319.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 74
Nice. I must have missed your original post but I had one when returning to riding a few years back, attracted by the weigh and seat height. My issue was I found it too weighty on the wrists for a gentleman of my age :cool:

Well, I bought one; just 750 miles on her. Neighbour reckons I am colour blind:ROFLMAO:
How are you getting on with the 400 Ninja Kenny? I have the opportunity to acquire one and might be tempted if I can agree a price.

That sounds great. Kenny I read up on these on the web and articles quoted quite different performance levels. Top speeds of about 102mph versus 118mph or so. Which feels more likely to you?

That sounds great. Kenny I read up on these on the web and articles quoted quite different performance levels. Top speeds of about 102mph versus 118mph or so. Which feels more likely to you?
Just got the 1000 miles on her so only just run in. She will be spanked tomorrow but will have to be careful as mate just got done for 35 mph in Bala on his Royal Enfield !!

Just got the 1000 miles on her so only just run in. She will be spanked tomorrow but will have to be careful as mate just got done for 35 mph in Bala on his Royal Enfield !!
If they'll nick someone on a Royal Enfield they'll nick anyone; bastards;; :D

A speeding ticket on a Royal Enfield is like badge of honour

Reactions: Gyp
Still enjoying it Kenny?

I met an old boy last week on one, possibly the first I've seen on the road. It looked fabulous, and his was in great nick despite having a good number of miles on it, it looked like a high quality bike.

He confirmed that the top end was closer to the 118mph figure - sounds like with a good handful of revs, they fly. :thumb2

Still enjoying it Kenny?

I met an old boy last week on one, possibly the first I've seen on the road. It looked fabulous, and his was in great nick despite having a good number of miles on it, it looked like a high quality bike.

He confirmed that the top end was closer to the 118mph figure - sounds like with a good handful of revs, they fly. :thumb2
Yes, still enjoying her...massive 1100 miles on my KRT version. Highley recommended ( although, may be tempted with the ZX4RR in the spring ). Pic from Denbigh Moors

Attachments

• Kawasaki Ninja 400_13.09.2023 Denbigh Moors.jpg
    Kawasaki Ninja 400_13.09.2023 Denbigh Moors.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom