Midday Express - Istanbul on the hoof

Hey guys.

I’m going to give the site a miss.

Too much BS for me I’m afraid.

Got some good items on here.

Pm me and I’ll update by what’s app gladly

Bloody hell CuzGS. How do .:beerjug: Enjoyed this write up and your return after so long. Good to see you've passed your 4 year "MOT" with no advisories. :thumb

Hey guys.

I’m going to give the site a miss.

Too much BS for me I’m afraid.

Got some good items on here.

Pm me and I’ll update by what’s app gladly

???

Dont stop now.

Ignore everything else on here if it offends or you are not interested.

You will have a good crowd reading this trip report.

???

Dont stop now.

Ignore everything else on here if it offends or you are not interested.

You will have a good crowd reading this trip report.

You are quite right, I’m grateful for the phone calls and PMs.

I will not oxygenate the poisonous elements on here, but will carry on…….

Anyway….. there I was ……

Bloody hell CuzGS. How do .:beerjug: Enjoyed this write up and your return after so long. Good to see you've passed your 4 year "MOT" with no advisories. :thumb

Thanks TT (Good bike callsign that actually).

Yeah god bless the NHS - fantastic as ever.

Not scott free, advisories were,

1. Ageing skin, no severe rust

2. Receding Hair, acceptable part of ageing.

:okay

Good shout! :D

I wanna see and Hear H-h-h-h-hungarians, and beyond!!! :thumb2

Plenty of that coming Herr V S......... Spoiler alert - roads are either Epic or Farm tracks...............

Good man, glad you returned. The ignore function is marvellous!

Good man....so talking of callsigns/ log on names.....where the fekk has "Guru Gora" come from :confused: A quick Google just came up with Asian things. "We" are intrigued. :nenau

Good man....so talking of callsigns/ log on names.....where the fekk has "Guru Gora" come from :confused: A quick Google just came up with Asian things. "We" are intrigued. :nenau

Hi again TT,

Its a Gurkha thing, I could tell you more.................but I'd have to cut you ;)

Day 8

Eastern Slovenia to Baja Hungary

292 miles.

A bit of a burn day, as in miles. Always going to be 2 days grind on way to Carpathian Mountains. Nice enough roads, think UK a roads in say Warwickshire.

Event of day, stoppling to allow an old chap to cross on a zebra crossing. He beckoned me to stop after passing so I did as I needed a water break anyway.

Says I’m the politest man of the day as no one stops for him. He was a professor of English in Ljubljana. He asks is if I can spare time for a joke……

“Why did the man get knocked over crossing the zebra crossing ?”

I look suitably puzzled….

“Because he was wearing a stripy jacket”

I try and muster up a laugh, debriefing him that he should stick to lecturing and leave it to Jimmy Carr :)

Onwards and the most interesting thing is stopping for a train crossing, respite for my sore ass too as it took the stationmaster 20 mins to manually raise the barriers :blast

Another “discreet” border crossing just in case my passport flashes up for last year ….

Into Baja and my accommodation is a place rejected by the Stasi for being, “too intimidating” :crossbone

Still its about 22 quid a night and I can shower in the Danube in the morning.

Happily they have a mighty erection, similar to many on here I'm sure, so Im able to put the bike under the tent on a stage, back of the net..............

Town, first proper meal and a lovely walk.

As ever pics have it ….

Romania tomorrow :thumby:

Bigger always wins TT :okay

Apols having another IT cake and arse party with pics....................... hang on.............

3d6e56fba4bdbacffc8f9879a72fe623.jpg

Having arrived at Baja in gleaming weather and checked into the scariest hotel I’ve seen since I last watched Scooby Doo, a bimble around the lovely little town. ….

0fa2cbd3fabf9ed5f909b97ff0153f68.jpg

Beautiful ….. Always amazed how builders make these places with , presumably, fairly basic kit.

I wish they were around to debrief the clown who did my bathrooms recently ……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68909924d169e553a477b2b87092d063.jpg

Classic old style town square.

My hotel is on a small island formed by an ox bow (GCSE grade 3 geography don’t you know), about 500 metres from here

1aa0c62f6bc8d70a2d49d120f2273f98.jpg

Very cute little place, certainly warrants a day stop for sure.

78e308016c672844c0b64c06b1fad182.jpg

Panoramic, or in Supermarionation if you’re a thunderbirds fan. (TB2 is obviously the best, who doesn't like trees flopping outwards whilst you taxi out).

Long may the blue skies linger

2c442ba2d17b437aec64b32dde292d6c.jpg

Pasta and a bit of GM in the square.

What a great day out.

We love our bikes and with good reason :beerjug:

012302ede9ef91cd300c853c1e82efea.jpg

Walking back to my cell, I hit the jackpot !!

To me, this is like finding a Touratech shop with a 90per cent off sale…….staffed by Halle Berry …. who needs a lift to Istanbul.

Ron Von you can rest safe assured I’m fed and watered, and at eastern European prices too, get in.

On the way back I found a lovely bridge so paused for a quick photo…. The light was very flattering……

79502cd2839852052abfc38970cec19b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom