Multi V4 Rally

The other Chris likes it too !

https://youtu.be/t4-M1cvByqQ

Not cheap

dd41a672996e7e71229d7106e23c2f71.png

Nice review and really captures the tone and sound of the V4 under load, Sardinia looks fantastic :okay

fuk me @ that price!
44Teeth reviewed it and said alot of good stuff about it - however, the main critique was that when you don't want to hoon it, the engine doesn't have that oomph like the GSA, where you probably spend most of your time on these type of bikes....but jesus...that price is eye-watering.

I saw one in the flesh yesterday at SMC in Sheffield. Looked alright and they want me to get me booked in for a test ride. I will give it a go when the weather improves.

It didn't leap out at me as something I wanted to desperately own. I wish they did them in a colour other than red.

Yes! I knew I should have mentioned that the alternative colour scheme is also too red for me!! :)

Well I tried one on Monday and ooft what a machine! I have ordered one and hope to get it on the 9th. 15yrs and 5 versions of GSA ownership and i have finally left the stable.

At first I didn't get it tbh. I thought the GSA is as good as this, that's when I was heading up the motorway to get to some twisties (I currently have a 2020 1250GSA). I then got to the start of the road I wanted to try and still thought, nah, it's not doing it for me. I was nearly tempted to just head back the way I had come and hand it back. But I thought I have come this far, let's give it a blast on some of the roads I know well and this is where things changed massively. It is just so precise, it goes where you look. You can change line mid corner if you have to and it has instant throttle response coming out of the corner, it's like you are attached to the bike by some kind of mind meld thing. The the drive was more like what I expected. I really started to enjoy the bike. It has such ability but it's also so easy to ride. I was initially scared of all that power, but tbh it's a big gentle giant if you want it to be, but a turn of the throttle and it's a laugh a minute hooligan. Totally up to you how you want it to behave.

I have gone for the Red one. Its a Ducati after all...

I will let you know how a get on with it once I have some proper miles under my belt.

:)

Took a test ride on the Ducati Rally yesterday and borrowed a H-D Pan America today whilst my Road King was being serviced. The Pan is very good and a lot cheaper, but the Rally was such an impressive bike I ordered a red one today. Hopefully I'll be riding it in June.

Ducati is only shipping 'Radar' and 'Full Adventure' models at the moment.

Well I tried one on Monday and ooft what a machine! I have ordered one and hope to get it on the 9th. 15yrs and 5 versions of GSA ownership and i have finally left the stable.

At first I didn't get it tbh. I thought the GSA is as good as this, that's when I was heading up the motorway to get to some twisties (I currently have a 2020 1250GSA). I then got to the start of the road I wanted to try and still thought, nah, it's not doing it for me. I was nearly tempted to just head back the way I had come and hand it back. But I thought I have come this far, let's give it a blast on some of the roads I know well and this is where things changed massively. It is just so precise, it goes where you look. You can change line mid corner if you have to and it has instant throttle response coming out of the corner, it's like you are attached to the bike by some kind of mind meld thing. The the drive was more like what I expected. I really started to enjoy the bike. It has such ability but it's also so easy to ride. I was initially scared of all that power, but tbh it's a big gentle giant if you want it to be, but a turn of the throttle and it's a laugh a minute hooligan. Totally up to you how you want it to behave.

I have gone for the Red one. Its a Ducati after all...

I will let you know how a get on with it once I have some proper miles under my belt.

:)

Good call that man,lovely bike,unfortunately way out of my reach money wise,looking forward to your thoughts when you get it :)

Kimbo

Finally got to try the demo last Thursday. It felt as good as I had hoped for and without the mid range vibration I had with my Pikes Peak. The seat seemed ‘kin hard though!
My long awaited Rally will be ready for collection Thursday next.
Look out for lots of extras for a gsa in the “for sale” section.

Given the price of the bike are there any insurance comparisons to the GSA available from those that have ordered?

Well my Honda CT125 Hunter Cub will go anywhere that can get :ROFLMAO:

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom