Stolen 1200 GS Adventure

I had Cymarc modify my GSA centrestand to accept a container type padlock. The centrestand cannot be retracted until unlocked. Quick and easy to fit, no need to lug a big chain around, not infallible , but should slow them down.

The current location, as the Traker is sadly still reporting the location, is 6 Tasker Road NW3. I’ve gone back many times and there are a load of lock-ups under the fiats opposite but impossible to check them all.

Have you got a spare keyfob and does you bike make a noise when you press it?
im just thinking you could walk along and listen for it.

probably not... mine doesnt :(

Most of these trackers use GPS to broadcast the basic location coordinates once triggered, including Biketrac ........... https://biketrac.co.uk/

However, I heard talk of it now being possible for crims to spoof the tracker location info with some clever software, developed originally for the military. Can't say I know how it works, but it might explain the disappearing Range Rover scenario, as well as the OPs bike.

Most of these trackers use GPS to broadcast the basic location coordinates once triggered, including Biketrac ........... https://biketrac.co.uk/

However, I heard talk of it now being possible for crims to spoof the tracker location info with some clever software, developed originally for the military. Can't say I know how it works, but it might explain the disappearing Range Rover scenario, as well as the OPs bike.

When i bought the samsung S21 a couple of years ago they sent me a free Samsung Galaxy SmartTag.... i had no use for it
after a few months i decided to tuck it under the carpet in the car.

a year later the car got stolen, i got the car back within a few hours.
i followed my own car in the wifes car and told the police who closed in and stopped it.

Not bad for a free plastic thing :)

only £15 to buy on their own, so now have one hidden on the bike too ;)
no wires to hide either so can go anywhere.

sorry for hijacking thread.... back to the bike in hand.

Thanks but very unlikely based on previous thefts. Not all bad (have to be positive) as the 1150 Adventure, which has been stored for 5 years is fab, and brings back memories of my first 1150gs from 2001, and more importantly is hopefully not worth nicking.

It's just as desirable as a 1200, and a lot more easier to nick.

I had Cymarc modify my GSA centrestand to accept a container type padlock. The centrestand cannot be retracted until unlocked. Quick and easy to fit, no need to lug a big chain around, not infallible , but should slow them down.

A cordless angle grinder will go through a flimsy thin-wall BMW centre stand like it was cheese.
Might slow a thief down for 10 seconds but if they are willing to cut disc locks shackles etc a centre stand would be no trouble for them..

Excuse my ignorance but if your Tracker is sending signal from a particular location can the police not get involved ?

Beautiful bike

I was out with the police looking for the bike about 30 minutes after it went missing at the trakker location and it had just disappeared, as in the thieving scum had removed and dumped the trakker at that location.

And, Yes it was a beautiful bike as i had done lots of work on it.

When i bought the samsung S21 a couple of years ago they sent me a free Samsung Galaxy SmartTag.... i had no use for it
after a few months i decided to tuck it under the carpet in the car.

a year later the car got stolen, i got the car back within a few hours.
i followed my own car in the wifes car and told the police who closed in and stopped it.

Not bad for a free plastic thing :)

only £15 to buy on their own, so now have one hidden on the bike too ;)
no wires to hide either so can go anywhere.

sorry for hijacking thread.... back to the bike in hand.

That sounds rather useful...i just looked it up and i wonder if it's compatible with an Iphone?

There are plenty of videos showing how easy it is to take the speaker out of the airtag - that way when you hide it the thief can't just make it beep and find it really easily.

There are plenty of videos showing how easy it is to take the speaker out of the airtag - that way when you hide it the thief can't just make it beep and find it really easily.

For those that value their bikes have a look at hiplok D1000 and Litelok x3 vids on YouTube 👍

Pal of mine had his 6 month old BMW car stolen off the drive. Couple of days later he is driving along an A road near Shrewsbury when a near identical one ( different reg no) to his overtakes his. As it does his phone pings “ BMW connected “ . Clearly a similar message appeared in the car as the scroats smashed the radio screen.

The thieves stopped the car at the next roundabout. He stayed about 100 yds away and called the Police, then the thieves fled at speed. The car was found the following day, undamaged apart from the smashed radio screen.

The current location, as the Traker is sadly still reporting the location, is 6 Tasker Road NW3. I’ve gone back many times and there are a load of lock-ups under the fiats opposite but impossible to check them all.

The Biketrac tracker has RF to locate it to a more finite position. Have they/their team been out to try this?

Back
Top Bottom