Stolen 1200 GS Adventure

timdoolan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Another bloody bike stolen from London...

Before anybody sais anything, it was locked in the front garden with an almax immobiliser III chain, squire lock, ground anchor and BikeTrac. Bike was tracked at 3:30 in the morning to Belsize Park, London NW3 and I met the police there and we couldn't find the bike so tracking system was possibly removed and dumped there?

It's pretty distinctive as it's been personalised and in the extremely small small chance that anybody sees / hears anything then please let me know.

It's actually now the third GS1200 that I've had stolen in less than 10 years in London, so i have no choice but to go back to my less nickable (hopefully) 1150GS Adventure.

Thieving ****ards.

Attachments

• IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 692
Nice bike, bastids!

Trackers sometimes dont work in the back of vans or trucks.
keep an eye on it just in case it suddenly pops up again!

Another bloody bike stolen from London...

Before anybody sais anything, it was locked in the front garden with an almax immobiliser III chain, squire lock, ground anchor and BikeTrac. Bike was tracked at 3:30 in the morning to Belsize Park, London NW3 and I met the police there and we couldn't find the bike so tracking system was possibly removed and dumped there?

It's pretty distinctive as it's been personalised and in the extremely small small chance that anybody sees / hears anything then please let me know.

It's actually now the third GS1200 that I've had stolen in less than 10 years in London, so i have no choice but to go back to my less nickable (hopefully) 1150GS Adventure.

Thieving ****ards.

Would not want to live in London!

Shit, I'm sorry.

I live in Belsize. Can I ask you where was the last location? There are a couple of "hotspots" towards Gospel Oak.

Jesus, 3 in 10 years? Have to ask, what is the insurance cost?

That sucks big time.

Only positive is the 1150 angle…..

Hope you get sorted :okay

Jesus, 3 in 10 years? Have to ask, what is the insurance cost?

No idea what timdoolan's cost is, but mine (living in Enfield) went from £600 to £1,600 after mine was stolen in similar circumstances. His will probably be horrendous.

Nice bike, bastids!

Trackers sometimes dont work in the back of vans or trucks.
keep an eye on it just in case it suddenly pops up again!

My Biketrac reports from inside the garage, but sometimes goes a few hours without 'reporting in' - hopefully, it will send a signal soon.

Wish the OP the best in recovering the bike

It’s a shame they don’t have a James Bond style anti-theft device. You’d lose the bike, but the basturds wouldn’t be nicking anything else.

Really sorry to hear that, I hope you get lucky and can recover the bike undamaged.

The current location, as the Traker is sadly still reporting the location, is 6 Tasker Road NW3. I’ve gone back many times and there are a load of lock-ups under the fiats opposite but impossible to check them all.

Last insurance cost was £800 but I’m hoping third party (and nothing else) on the 1150 will be considerably less…here’s praying.

Thanks but very unlikely based on previous thefts. Not all bad (have to be positive) as the 1150 Adventure, which has been stored for 5 years is fab, and brings back memories of my first 1150gs from 2001, and more importantly is hopefully not worth nicking.

Yep, there is a fairly large council flats building just opposite. Even though that’s a pretty chilled/safe bit.

I’ll keep an eye, but unlikely that it’ll be going around.

Sorry to hear this and what a situation where you have to ride a bike that won't be stolen. Hope you get it back.

My mates car was stolen last week. Found abandoned the next day with his tracker removed. And replaced with thieves own, watching to see if car got recovered...sneaky fuckers. Sorry for your loss

i have a moni-moto tracker , it goes off, if you pick it up off the s/stand . think i might hide it in the airbox as a test .

hope you find it undamaged.

Excuse my ignorance but if your Tracker is sending signal from a particular location can the police not get involved ?

Beautiful bike

Back
Top Bottom