Unibat Lithium batteries?

Anyone got any thoughts on these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195683845550

Any good?

Put Simply..... WHY??

Is it the latest thing/fad to have a lithium battery or something?

To be truthful, There are issues with lithium batteries when cold they need warmed up before you hit the starter

They are 3 times more expensive (and you just took 3 cells worth or raw materials, out of some Luvvies EV build :green gri )

Even an Old Lead acid will give good performance for 3 to 5 years (More if you disconnect when not in use as most vehicles now there is a constant draw down!)

AGM Absorbed Glass Matt / Gel batteries are a bit more expensive and do away with handling acids or risk acid spill during its installation or removal

Basically these Li batteries they are a fashion Icon a bit like the latest model of I phone

I inherited a Lithium Battery on my Harley and I'm not impressed with the way it turns over.
Not sure how they compare with CCA over an AGM Battery.

As said above, they need to be woken up before you prod the starter for the first time.

Putting the headlights on for 30 secs should work if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said above, they need to be woken up before you prod the starter for the first time.

Putting the headlights on for 30 secs should work if possible.

The price of being trendy :hide:hide:hide

I wake up my AGM battery by turning on the key and pressing the start button! :green gri

Well my lithium (factory fit) never needed waking up in temps as low as minus 8,just started as normal.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I will never fit a lithium battery to my bike for several reasons. First they are very expensive, second they are really no better than an AGM or Lead Acid in electrical performance, and thirdly they are unforgiving if out of their normal comfort zone. Ask yourself why there are so many restrictions concerning Li-ion batteries in aviation. Perhaps this video provides answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fABWETwpTOw

Lithium batteries are the latest example of “the Emperor’s New Clothes”. You ask why they have fitted Lithium batteries and they reply, “well it’s lighter, it saves weigh”, yeah, especially when fitted to a big old adventure motorbike that weighs in anything around 240kgs and more! Stick with a leas acid or AGM battery and spend the money you save on petrol!

They're a little bit more expensive, not like double/triple. As for the weight. Any saving is good. No? As for functioning, I can't fault mine. But I will report back if I bump into an issue - I think it's been 5yrs so far...

Regarding the fire hazard. Yep, they're bad. But can someone give me a quick list of bike fires? The only one I know of was MikeO from in here quite some years back on his 1150 and that seemed to be fuel connector related. Hang on a minute. Shit. Are you guys using petrol? Do you realise how explosive that stuff is?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom