2610 mount

red rocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've done a search there seems several variants but as I don't get the gs till the weekend can somebody tell me the size of the crossbar so i know which clamp to order.I assume this is a reasonable position maybe go for the speedo surround one later
I have a ram and one inch cradle & ball also double jaws so think just to get going I need the u/bolt with 1 inch ball ram-b-231z

Cheers again Ian

red rocket said:
but as I don't get the gs till the weekend
Cheers again Ian

Another one bites the dust? Are you the same Ian that has (had?) a red VFR and was on the Austria trip last year? I knew we'd get you in the end :D

Regards,

Charles

Sugar Ray said:
Another one bites the dust? Are you the same Ian that has (had?) a red VFR and was on the Austria trip last year? I knew we'd get you in the end :D

Regards,

Charles

Maybe lol shush they dont know yet on there

alecmuffett said:
Hi Ian.

Which GS are you getting? Pointedly, which crossbar are you referring to?

If it is a 12GS you may find he following helpful:

http://www.crypticide.com/users/alecm/albums/2005-ram-mount/

Woops sorry silly me thought every body knew :) seems as if it's all I've talked about last few days.

Well 50 50 chance I guess & no it's not that one :) it's a December 2003 1150 I have that cradle on my 2610 with a couple of different length claws what i need to get me going is the clamp shown in the link but for my model .Not sure if normally its fitted to the main bars or the cross bar .
Thanks again for any advice you may have.

:beerjug: Ian

red rocket said:
I've done a search there seems several variants but as I don't get the gs till the weekend can somebody tell me the size of the crossbar so i know which clamp to order.I assume this is a reasonable position maybe go for the speedo surround one later
I have a ram and one inch cradle & ball also double jaws so think just to get going I need the u/bolt with 1 inch ball ram-b-231z

Cheers again Ian

I notice Alec got in first, so read his detailed review. The cross bar trick is RAM-B-231Z plus RAP-319.

RAM-man

Ram Man

I am going to need some parts to mount a quest onto an R1100RS.
Do GPSW keep stocks Ram mounts, I will be in the area Wenesday morning to collect if possible. :D

Many thanks

Richard

Richard J said:
Ram Man

I am going to need some parts to mount a quest onto an R1100RS.
Do GPSW keep stocks Ram mounts, I will be in the area Wenesday morning to collect if possible. :D

Many thanks

Richard

Wednesday (9.30 am until 5 pm) call into gpsw and see Jag, if help is needed, he will call me over. I assume you'll be on two wheels and not in a cage as it will help. Cradles and Mounts parts in stock. QPAC should be OK if needed.

RAM-man

Afraid I will be in the cage, but I think I know what is required
HOL GA15, B272, B149.

What is the difference between a 149z, 149za and a plain 149

Ugleebugga said:
Buy a Migsel mount and fit it above the speedo... much easier to look at... assuming yer not too blind that is... :D

Yebbut harder to reach as well, I prefer a RAM mount on the left bar holding a TT mount, I can reach the buttons/screen and get my hand back to the bar quickly if needed.

Richard J said:
Afraid I will be in the cage, but I think I know what is required HOL GA15, B272, B149.
What is the difference between a 149z, 149za and a plain 149

The difference is ...
RAM-B149Z (zinc U-bolt and standard arm - index finger length)
RAM-B-149ZA (zinc U-bolt and short arm - thumb length)
RAM-B149 (stainless steel U-bolt and standard arm - index finger length)

As to HOL GA15, B272, B149. The B272 is a good choice and use on R1100S and R1100/1150RT, otherwise, RAM-B-252 but maybe too small on fixing hole. The B149 may be a waste, if you only need from the mount kit, arm and diamond base, unless I have missed the point of its choice.

RAM-man

I think some people have used the U bolt on the adjustable handlebar stub and others used B272 from the fork leg clamp bolt. I figured I would get both, see which was best and hopefully use the U bolt on a push bike. That way I could just swap arm and cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugleebugga
Buy a Migsel mount and fit it above the speedo... much easier to look at... assuming yer not too blind that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenpaa
Yebbut harder to reach as well, I prefer a RAM mount on the left bar holding a TT mount, I can reach the buttons/screen and get my hand back to the bar quickly if needed.

I also tried the Migsel mount on my 1100. It's really well made and the viewing position is great........but it bounced and wobbled far too much. I tried everything with my limited mechanical abilities but couldn't resolve it and went back to a cheap plastic cradle mounted on the left hand bar. It restricts the view of the LHS of the instrument cluster a bit but other than that I'm fairly hapy with it.

Chris

CJG said:
I also tried the Migsel mount on my 1100 ......but it bounced and wobbled far too much. I tried everything with my limited mechanical abilities but couldn't resolve it ....
Does anyone know how the weight of the 2610 and the SPIII compare? I use a Migsel mount and have had no problems with bouncing and "wobbling" but I did make a conscious effort to keep the arm between the mount and the back of the SPIII to a minimum (I think 2") to reduce vibration. I am going to upgrade to a 2610 and intend to keep the Migsel mount. Unless the weight difference is high, I would have thought that it should be ok.

Taff said:
..... Unless the weight difference is high, I would have thought that it should be ok.

Absolutely fine for road use...and as for reaching it "on the move" I much prefer to do it in front of me where I can keep my "eyes up" than down on the handle bars and have to look down.. just my preference having tried both positions.. :)

Taff said:
Does anyone know how the weight of the 2610 and the SPIII compare?
You won't have a problem "upgrading" Taff.

The 2610 is lighter and smaller
420g - 14.3 x 8.0 x 5.0 cm

than the SPIII
635g - 17.3 x 8.0 x 6.5 cm

It is indeed a good idea to use the shortest RAM arm (1 3/4" RAM-B-201A) to reduce the lever and thus the movement of the unit. Like that I don't have any problems with the mount as soon as I'm on fair roads. Off-road the bouncing does get annoying.

The assembly then looks like this, with a RAM cradle:

04aRAMcradle.jpg

Cheers,
Michel

That's what I like - some sensible replies & piccies. :thumb

Looks like Mr Ram will be selling a 2610 cradle soon then. :D

Back
Top Bottom