FOOD 'N' DRINK

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Got to agree with Blackal the Jewel in the Crown is the best Indian I have tried and I have tried quite a few:)

Was up in Pitlochry yesterday ,I was buying some parts from a local.I took the wife with me so lunch was inevitable ,any way the guy told us to try The Moulin Hotel Inn.Rather enjoyed it nice wee cosy pub with half decent pub grub plus its own real ale brewery.She talked me into booking a night,mind me no tae take her again.Cheers Big Jets

yetts o muchart -tpo sundat nosh

try the yetts of muchart pub , cant mind the name but its the only pub in the village.Sperb sunday lunches and ace chocolate pudding...mmmmmm startin at £6.95 , and you have the pleasure of a good run from either direction , speciall down from Auchterarder area.
Check it out , mind and limit yourself to 1 real ale or bettger still , get someone else to drive.

Bangladeshi Restaurant, Cupar, Fife

I've had a good few or our "national" meals in Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants throughout the central belt but in all honesty, this is easily the best place I've visited. The grub prices are very reasonable too...

Armaan

10/10 :clap

I've been going to the Jewel In The Crown since it opened 16 years ago, and can honestly say - it is the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to IN THE WORLD! :rob

Best meal for me is the "non-vegitarian Thali" - A feast :thumb2

http://www.thejewelinthecrown.com/main.html

Al :thumb2

It is very good Al, but the SHABBAZ on Chapel St, Aberdeen beats it, been going there for 20 yrs or so and it's standards have never slipped:thumb2

Sabor Criollo, Stockbridge Edinburgh....

Latin American food with a very Latin flavour to the setting. Owned and run by Mohammid and Mercedes, staffed by Columbian waitresses and a Cuban chef.

Great food, leave the bikes at home:beerjug: Mo doesn`t need much of an excuse to get the Tequila flowing and the price is good too. Evenings only...

Stockbridge has quite a few good eateries and loads of pubs and only a few minutes walk from the centre so if your nipping into Edinburgh thats the place to go.:beer:

If Chinese foods yer thing then Sam`s near Castlegate in Aberdeen is a must and if your into wine he has a private collection downstairs thats reserved only for those who ask:bow
Sam himself is the front man and he`s good crack, foods amazing and fresh, all his chefs are Hong Kong Chinese(family mostly) and are passionately proud of their product.:clap

Simply Red in Forres Moray great food nice surroundings.

After our flying tour of the West Highlands last weekend we can vouche for The Arch Inn, Ullapool, top quality food and atmosphere...
www.thearchinn.co.uk

We stayed at the Riverside Guesthouse which was great value, great hospitality, clean and great breakfast with the best black pudding I've had in years...:thumb2

Attachments

• ArchInnUllapool.jpg
    ArchInnUllapool.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 432
We also stopped off at this wee hostelry in Caol, Fort Willam on the way up to Ullapool... the owner was in Germany :ronno but Mary looked after us and we were all ampley fed and watered, setting us up nicely for the fantastic journey North...

Cheers GC in your absence...:thumb

Attachments

• Lochy.jpg
    Lochy.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 413
I'd like to put in a vote for the Crask Inn about 15 miles north of Lairg in Sutherland.

Had a great evening there on Monday after a delightful couple of days riding in the sun. It isn't a 4 star hotel but is all the better for that. Quirky with lots of character and run by a lovely couple that also farm the local land. Dinner was excellent (all local produce) as was the next day's 3 course breakfast. Great value too at £40 for dinner, B&B.

Well worth planning a trip around. I know that I'll be back. :thumb

Kai

The Townhead Cafe, Borders/Biggar.

We work up-north loads & use the A702 short cut (M74/Edinburgh), Great road. The chippy in Biggar has always been a fav' stopping place for us, as you can sit in, takeaway or even just pickup a decent brew.

It's called "The Townhead Café" in the Border town of Biggar & was crowned the UK’s best fish and chip shop 2007.

I've always enjoyed the food, try it & see what you think. Nab. :thumb

Being a local resident, I suppose I should give a shout for Ee-usk on the pier in Oban http://www.eeusk.com/index.html . The food is of a consistantly high standard and the views from the table are spectacular on a summer's evening. Mind you, it is just as spectacular when a winter south westerly gale is bending the windows (and I'm not joking!).

Pricey, but an enjoyable experience.

Andy

Spent five days based in Oban, came back on Sunday. The Seafood Temple, by the Yacht Club, was a real top quality fish / seafood restaurant.
Local food, caught by local fishermen for local people. 10 /10 :clap
Thought Trip Advisor would probably be a fair guide to it.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186501-d1012449-Reviews-Seafood_Temple-Oban_Argyll_and_Bute_Scotland.html

The other two we tried were Room no 9 and Coast, but weren't a patch on TST

If you'r ever in forfar McClarens pie shop in station roads the place for a munch, Bridies are the best in scotland but there's nothin like a pie n a tin o irn bru....

If you'r ever in forfar McClarens pie shop in station roads the place for a munch, Bridies are the best in scotland but there's nothin like a pie n a tin o irn bru....

Must agree with this. McLarens is the boys. They also have a shop at the Cross.
Keep away from Saddlers 'tho. Their's are sh... Not so good.

Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, you fat bestard you fat bestard si ate all the pies!:thumb

Falstone Community Cafe

Not strictly Scotland but as near as damn it and likely to be useful for anyone coming up here via Kielder and the Borders which is a cracking road.

The village of Falstone is a few miles south of Kielder. You have to turn off the road for a wee bit but the detour is well worth while. Freshly home made grub and excellent friendly service. Try the scrambled eggs on toasted muffin.:thumb

The Craggan Hotel/Restaurant at Talmine/Melness, near Kyle of Tongue, Sutherland.

http://www.thecraggan.co.uk/

Bloody good food, we've been a few times now. Lots of seafood and local meat.

No piccies on Craggan website, but c'mon, it's Sutherland...of course it's bloody nice!

one o my favourite local places.......

Try the 'Pillars of Hercules' farm organic shop/cafe/restaurant just outside Falkland, great coffee and soup etc.... www.pillars.co.uk

cheers

John

Back
Top Bottom