FOOD 'N' DRINK

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
speakin oh pies n farfer brides,has onybody tried a steak brides fa Camerons in the middle oh farfer, top noch,
A FINE FISH SUPPER
oot fir a run we simus last nigt,stopped in banchory fir a fish supper.Ashvale chipper at the back oh the high street bloody fine it wis. shame aboot the fog on the wey hame,
we could hardly see the hanil bars,si obviously couldna see the road.
onywi a fine run oor the cairn n roond the deeside ring

If you fancy going mad then try The Albanach in Lochinver. Well worth stopping for the night though as a meal is a nights entertainment alone, especially if Colin comes oot o the kitchen afterwards.:beer::beerjug:
They just got their Michelin Star this year and they deserve it.

If you fancy going mad then try The Albanach in Lochinver. Well worth stopping for the night though as a meal is a nights entertainment alone, especially if Colin comes oot o the kitchen afterwards.:beer::beerjug:
They just got their Michelin Star this year and they deserve it.

Oi I was going to say that!!:beerjug:

2nd for me a great night was had and far too much drink was drunk but the gentle wobble home from Lochinver on the bike made up for it.:beer:

That gentle wobble was probably a result of even weight distribution in the panniers. His and Hers :augie:augie Roll on the next birthday.
The Walled Garden just outside Applecross, a wee bit off the road and well worth a lunchtime stopover before blasting back hame.. Great seafood.:drool

Now under new management,meals are first class at The Royal jubilee Arms at Dykehead. never been up to much for years but was there last weekend and was very impressed:thumb2

A couple of years ago i stopped at a Truck stop off the A77 i think heading for Glasgow.The cafe wooden front with loads of seating outside and even more inside.The cafe sits in about 100 yards from the main road loads of trees around it very picturesque.The food was very reasonably priced and was excellent and pleasant staff.Cannot for the life of me remember where it was,I had a Garmin Quest at the time and it packed in and i could not find out where it was.If i remember right i came down a tiny road from the coast and joined the Main road"A77" and the cafe was on the right .Does this sound familiar to anyone.Francis

Halladale Inn Melvich

Halladale Inn
Halladale Inn, Melvich, Sutherland, KW14 7YJ

We called in to this pub at the weekend and had a great lunch:fnikefork

Home cooked grub.:thumb

(It's beside a Caravan & Chalet Park)

Nings Kitchen on the main A71 through Darvel. Great cafe menu during the day and first class Thai resaurant at night. No drinks licence so bring your own bottle and if you need more then the offie is just across the street. Nings Kitchen

Good food on the A84

last time i was there i bought 6 dfferent pies! fat bastard or what !!:flag:rob:clap:thumb

For good food all day try The Larches opposite the old Balquihidder Station on the A84. It's about halfway between Strathyre and Lochearnhead. Great breakfast till 11.30 -- 12.00 ish. The selection of sticky buns can be a real problem.
It is a small family run place who are always welcoming.:flag:fnikefork

maybe the best curry in glasgow.............

the banana leaf , south side, not far from the tramway maybe has the edge over mother india or balbirs

:)

Delicious food and great craic jist ootside Inversnecky

The Oakwood Restaurant. The food is freshly cooked by Gaby who is into intense flavours and the craic by her husband Gus who just happens to be a very old mate of mine who I hadn't seen for about 35 years, until my son and I stopped at the restaurant for lunch, yesterday on our way home from a week-long trip to Orkney, where Gus hails from and Shetland.

Check out their reviews on Trip Advisor. Better still, if you're in the area go there to eat and write your own. :beerjug:

Visocchi's Cafe Kirriemuir

Great place for a stop off when out a run up the glens. Spotless, good simple menu and great ice-cream :cool: Was in on Sunday again after coming from Deeside over Glenshee before heading across to the coast:thumb2
In the high street, town centre of Kirrie.

Earthy...........

www.earthy.co.uk , in Edinburgh, superb food, large offroad car park, ratcliffe terrace, easy to get from the city bypass, near the meadows, funky outside chairs and tables , did i mention the fantastic food.......:flag

Rannoch Station Cafe

Good news - the Rannoch Station Cafe (on the island Platform) has reopened.
At the time of posting it's open Monday-Friday 10.00 - 15.00.
From the 29th of April through to end of September, the Cafe will be open Monday-Saturday 10.00 - 18.00. No Sundays.
There's no connection with the nearby Hotel.
The chap in charge - Steve - also has a Cafe at Bridge of Orchy.

If you need to phone - it's 01882 633359
Steve suggested phoning in advance if a group is attending. I'll try to get up and report on the purvey...

Good news - the Rannoch Station Cafe (on the island Platform) has reopened.
At the time of posting it's open Monday-Friday 10.00 - 15.00.
From the 29th of April through to end of September, the Cafe will be open Monday-Saturday 10.00 - 18.00. No Sundays.
There's no connection with the nearby Hotel.
The chap in charge - Steve - also has a Cafe at Bridge of Orchy.

If you need to phone - it's 01882 633359
Steve suggested phoning in advance if a group is attending. I'll try to get up and report on the purvey...

I did phone today - line dead.
All google searches are for last year! ??

Back
Top Bottom