Pink Way Region 4 - Lands End to Severn Bridge

Hi guys, Ok looks like I am your baton rider, I don't know if I will manage to get down to ride the route though before so may well be relying on your local knowledge to guide me. I will try during the summer but not looking good at the mo

This Thurs Lands End

Hi guys just a quick update Im off the Lands End on Thurs for the end of another charity bike ride see link at end. Im part of the the "Bambi-Q" team running the spit roast, everyone welcome or at least thats what the website says. It would be nice to see some of you there.
Cheers Rob
http://www.firstandlastmcc.co.uk/

HI lads, could you give me an idea of the route for this leg so I can have some idea of where I will be riding. I am still going to try to get down in the summer but it is a really busy time so cannot promise.

Cheers

Sharrie

Region 4 riders would be so good as to contact your baton lady Sharribee...

she's nneds to speak to one of you to discuss the route/ride. Please respond its important that you make contact with her.

Sending pm's to you all now.

Thanks everso

:)

edit: pm's sent to ShaunT279, Stig of the Dump, Phil Adams, Nate ... thank you all :thumb

Thanks Shaun for getting in touch I am much happier now I have a rough idea of where I will be riding. Please can we touch base a couple of times between now and the ride so I know that all is well and there are no change to plans. Feel a little out of the loop being so far away and want to make sure that all goes well.

Thanks guys

Sharrie

Lands End Hotel

I've spoken with the Hotel...

a) they are ok with us using their car park for the handover. They said that although the car park is a little way from the hotel, due to the handover time please could we try and keep the noise down :)

b) I'm awaiting a quote for supply of Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches. I won't need to confirm actual numbers until 1st Sep.

c) We will be able to use the Bar area for Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches - the front door will be locked but we can ring for the night porter.

I'm getting a quote for a dozen people for b) - hopefully that will cover region 3 and region 4 participants and a few groupies ;)

I'm sure its here somewhere but I cant find it, I see that its a 0600 start at Lands end but what day is this leg on. I'm going to the East Mids but if I could get a few hours off work would like to ride abit of the route with you.

Jim

Trippy said:
I'm sure its here somewhere but I cant find it, I see that its a 0600 start at Lands end but what day is this leg on. I'm going to the East Mids but if I could get a few hours off work would like to ride abit of the route with you.

Jim

I understood that the lands end start time is at 4am on the Wednesday morning. This link http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpost.php?p=605706&postcount=3 gives details of the start and finish times. Please someone tell me if I am wrong.

Great I should be able to pick you up in North Devon and ride with you all for a couple of hours.

Great, I am so much fun in the mornings even my daughter asks me if I have had my coffee yet :eek:

Sharribee, we need to make a decision about your Regional Co-ordinator.

Stig of the Dump hasn't been on the site since early May. Its getting quite close to the challenge, which is worrying me slightly.

I've sent him 2 pm's but he's not responded to either so I can only assume now that he may not make the run, unless anybody here knows any different.

We're going to have to fill the vacancy to bring this region in-line with the others.

Would anybody from here be prepared to take on the role ?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks everso.
:)

It is very quite in this region and I am getting a little anxious about having someone with me who has local knowledge.

Could those of you that have volunteered to ride support confirm that you are still able to do so and if you are riding the whole or part of the leg with me.

Also could someone please give me details of where I can stay within the area as I will be riding down early Tuesday moring and would like to get a little sleep before we start.

Thanks

Sharri

Sharribee I am still riding at least the Cornish bit probably turning back around brigdewater way. I think some of the region 3 riders are also going to continue up the otherside.

You say you are coming down Tuesday morning so riding late late wednesday nite?

If you & other half don't mind roughing it you can stop here the day/evening, I will be leaving home at around midnight to go to Plymouth to meet the down coming riders, but I think can trust you to let yourselves out to ride down to lands end which is about 30 miles away.

Sorry not taking on the role of regional co-ordinator too busy at the moment.

ShaunT279 said:
Sharribee I am still riding at least the Cornish bit probably turning back around brigdewater way. I think some of the region 3 riders are also going to continue up the otherside.

You say you are coming down Tuesday morning so riding late late wednesday nite?

If you & other half don't mind roughing it you can stop here the day/evening, I will be leaving home at around midnight to go to Plymouth to meet the down coming riders, but I think can trust you to let yourselves out to ride down to lands end which is about 30 miles away.

Sorry not taking on the role of regional co-ordinator too busy at the moment.

Thats fantastic thanks Shaun, it will be reassuring to have local guys with me as I don't know the area at all. We don't mind roughing it at all we were going to camp somewhere thanks for your offer Iwill PM you a week or so before to arrange things.

Thanks
Sharrie

I'm doing Princetown now but would still like to ride with you. I presume your just riding the A39 from Cornwall along the coast to Bridgwater. I'd like to meet up at Barnstaple and ride the ( I guess ) about 80 miles to somewhere near weston super mare.
Its about 50 miles from me, any idea what time you are due to pass Barnstaple?

Trippy said:
I'm doing Princetown now but would still like to ride with you. I presume your just riding the A39 from Cornwall along the coast to Bridgwater. I'd like to meet up at Barnstaple and ride the ( I guess ) about 80 miles to somewhere near weston super mare.
Its about 50 miles from me, any idea what time you are due to pass Barnstaple?

Don't quite know yet but will be looking at the route over the next few weeks and chatting to the local guys. Will let you know asap. Obviously it will have to be fairly flexible to take into account any hiccups on the routes before but we can swap phone numbers so we can contact you on the day (night) :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom