Pink Way Region 8 - Carlisle to Fort William

Good Luck!!!

Hi Sillymoo, hope you're well prepared and ready for action!! Your fundraising seems to have gone really well, and a radio interview as well!! I'm impressed! Are there many joining you on your run? Think we've got about 12 joining us...ayy carumba!! Hope they don't mind my slower than slow pace!!! :cool:
See you soon..ps had to drive through a herd of about 20 cows today, thought you'd like that :D

Nashskye said:
Hi Sillymoo, hope you're well prepared and ready for action!! Your fundraising seems to have gone really well, and a radio interview as well!! I'm impressed! Are there many joining you on your run? Think we've got about 12 joining us...ayy carumba!! Hope they don't mind my slower than slow pace!!! :cool:
See you soon..ps had to drive through a herd of about 20 cows today, thought you'd like that :D

Hi Tash,
Yep - we're getting ready to get going tomorrow although we have now found out that we can't leave til gone 3pm :( as our son has no one to look after him before then!! (What a pain!) but....as long as we get away dead on time - we'll be fine as we'll miss the mass evening exodus from London each night up the M1. :rolleyes:
We're then in Kendal til Thurs early am and will meet whomever (with Grahame :) ) at JCt 44. Cannot wait! and I know what you mean about our slower pace! Me too girl!! Me too!! I think we are 3 for most of it with Andy meeting us and joing you from Connel.
Have a nice hot coffee ready for us and we will speak to you on the way! I'll call from Greenock to give you a progress report. :moped:
Look after those moos for me! :thumb
Moo :bounce1

Hi Guys

Arrived in Kendal about 15minutes ago! A long day and our mate is giving us her bed for the night!! :clap See you all tomorrow night/Thurs am........

can't wait............. :bounce1

Moo :D

PS Well done everyone so far....fantastic to see it all unveiling :bow

Amy... just read that you and your outrider hit a deer... :eek: :eek

Well done for doing such a tough stretch through the night... I could hardly sleep thinking about you on the road...hope you're ok... :thumb

All the very best... Sue...

I'll take 14lbs of Venison please :)

Joking!!!!

I'm very glad your all, alright :thumb Must have been bloody scary.
:clap :clap :bow :bow Respect :thumb

We'll have to check the Hogroast at the weekend just in case its too "Deer" :D

Just glad that you're all okay!

Much damage to the bikes?

So relieved to hear all the riders are ok ...

Well done to you all. :)

Home at Last........

I have never been involved with something as amazing as this! :clap

We met Lucy and her gang of support riders at 2.45a.m on Thurs am and after a hug; our bikes being plastered with pink pen and bras and a rather tight "baton" being hoisted on to my jacket :eek: (well done Lucy for doing that!!) we set off. It was just meself, me hubby and our Grahame.......later to be joined by Andy (whom I only beeped at (to say we were there) but never actually met!! sorry Andy :rolleyes: ). and off we went ready for our meeting with Bambi!!

The deer appeared out of nowhere :eek: and luckily did not run, but took literally one step to be thwacked by my left knee (thank god for padded knees), spun round, missed by Derm and with a "th-thump" run over by Grahame. Poor little thing never stood a chance - :( --but luckily it was it and not me (as much as I love wildlife!!). My sister is not speaking to me for killing a poor wee doe -- but I can live with that!!

Anyway after a bit of hysterical crying on my part :( (poor Grahame - he was very handy, went and dragged the deer off the road then ministered to this girlie rider with a sugary drink and a hug!) we carried on!! The funny bit was the sign, a little bit on, warning of the deer crossing potential and then a couple miles later - the cattle crossing warning!!! Hmm!! Anyway - I figured the chance of it happening twice in one night was remote so bombed along (well :eek: -- bombed is a relative term for me - esp with my poor, more experienced, support riders!! :bow ).

On the whole the ride went really well and as we arrived in Fort William I was so elated. My memories? The full-moon over a glass sea; the stars; no clouds; arriving in Fort William behind a bloody slow truck; peeing behind a wheelie bin by the sea as the menfolk discretely looked the other way; and.....

arriving to cheers at the Lochy Inn (half an hour late) with GC; Cookson; Oonyack; Mart P; and so many others....but especially Nashskye( Tash)...with my Highland Coo!! We have called her Tasha after that wonderful woman whom I lift my hat to!! She was amazing and made my courage seem like a drop in the ocean compared to what she went through.

All us girls did well eh?...but all our menfolk too! Thankyou SOOO much to everyone who was thinking of us; greeted us; hugged us and everything. This has been a life changing experience for me and I will never look back where my biking is concerned. In May I couldn't drive a car more than an hour without getting pye-eyed and tired.....now I can ride 1430 miles and not look back......what a week!!
I cannot wait to meet you all again. If Hovis (on this site) and his Heff :beerjug: had not introduced us to GS's .....where would we be now???? Not as happy as we are now!!

Thanks Karen.........thanks everyone but esp thanks to Grahame and Dermot (and to the brief company of Andy) without whom I could not have been so brave! :bow

Moo
PS I wish I could post piccies........I just am NOT that literate with the PC.

Back
Top Bottom