Pink Way Region 11 - Berwick-upon-Tweed to Scarborough

Hi Chris,
Route looks pretty good :clap :thumb , as for the cheating bit not sure,

I could suggest alternative through middlesborough/redcar if needs be (mostly dual carriageway so good progress could be maintained :mmmm )

Dont really know Newcastle/Sunderland that well, but we could use the tyne tunnle to keep us closer to the coastline if it was deemed we were cheating ;)

Will try putting alternative M,boro/redcar route up :)

Cheers
Ian.

PS as for the rest of the route " Hope the tide,s out " :thumb :D :D

Local knowledge - You can't beat it :thumb

You could be right about the tunnel too...best start saving 20p pieces... :D

Do you think the tunnel owners may waive the fees, in lieu of sponsorship?

Chris

ginger chris said:
Do you think the tunnel owners may waive the fees, in lieu of sponsorship?

Chris

At 20p per bike they'd hardly notice....but it's worth a go.....maybe in the early hours we can mug the only non-auto toll gate? :D

Had another go, taking on board "enabb"s local knowledge: The route drops to 158 miles , but still 3 and a half hours....

Keep the critique, suggestions and info coming..... :beerjug:

Attachments

• Route part 2 , mk II.jpg
    Route part 2 , mk II.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 165
If you really HAVE to keep to the coast, then after the Tyne Tunnel, you will need to head East towards South Shields, then down the coast until after Sunderland then A19 South until just before Peterlee then East agin towards Horden. Then the coast roads run towards the Tees, where you can re-join the A19, then to the A174 East towards Redcar / Saltburn / etc.

bikermike said:
If you really HAVE to keep to the coast, then after the Tyne Tunnel, you will need to head East towards South Shields, then down the coast until after Sunderland then A19 South until just before Peterlee then East agin towards Horden. Then the coast roads run towards the Tees, where you can re-join the A19, then to the A174 East towards Redcar / Saltburn / etc.

Good to have you on board...

Everything is pretty vague at the mo'

Organising and stuff isn't my forte - I'm an engineer by profession.....

So no obligations, but ta for your input.....

:thumb

Well folks, looks like we got The Graveyard Shift...or at least one of them:

Start of our leg would seem to be from the Morrisons/McDonalds roundabout on the A1 just north of Berwick at 10:30 pm.

I've a pretty good idea of a route but have yet to ride it, but !'d guess at 5 hours at least, taking dicky-dark into consideration, maybe 6.

We need a hand-over point in Scarborough...Any ideas ... preferably with fuel and food and in an obvious location...?

Hand over point,
Theres a garage and little chef at the bottom of staxton bank, about 3 miles out of scarborough, (will post map in a minute), this is on route for the next leg, however I dont know if its 24hrs so will check at the weekend :thumb

Failing that I will check out 24hr sevices :thumb

edit . carnt post mapsource coz I,m using mac, pc has caught bird flu :confused:

Back
Top Bottom