A couple of early pics to whet your appetite

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've come back with only about 30 pics out of many hundred taken......the plan to transfer them to the laptop was working fine until some scrote stole the Laptop and the Video camera from the truck in Bansang.

Dennis has many hundred and the others all have lots too, but out of what I have left here are a couple to whet your appetite...we'll be doing a proper ride report thread soon.

PS if any of the team want to upload their pics to Smugmug I'll host them...give me a ring for the details and instructions (it's dead easy)

Scoots in the desert;
53837918-L.jpg

Who said you can't have fun on a scoot?? :D :D
53837928-L.jpg

Several thousand miles of this view in my mirrors :eek
53837935-L.jpg

Wild camping in the middle of the Sahara........and yes, we did ride over that dune :thumb
53837947-L.jpg

Maintenance in the sand......the one and only oil change we gave the bikes
53837953-L.jpg

Looks good Bill & welcome back- will we see you tomorrow at Eynsford?

Honda would probably pay for the first one! It's brilliant!

Fanum said:
some scrote stole the Laptop and the Video camera from the truck in Bansang.

There's gratitude for you ! :D :D

Glad you are all back safely Bill, can't wait to see the slide show. :thumb :thumb

Cracking pics, and what cracking little bikes those cubs, currently looking for one, did they cause any major problems, or were they as good as they make out.

Andy :thumb

legger said:
Cracking pics, and what cracking little bikes those cubs, currently looking for one, did they cause any major problems, or were they as good as they make out.

9 months and 5000 miles didn't see me do anything than ping some spokes - that said you'll still take it into your workshop, replace everything then sell it :D

legger said:

The scoots were absolutely amazing....not one breakdown on the whole trip, just four or five punctures, one running badly through Mori on their crap subsidised dirty fuel (but it was cured by a refill of good fuel in Senegal) , a couple of chains and sprockets replaced but otherwise they ran for up to 14 hours a day, on tarmac, ice, through snow, on gravel, sand, rocks, potholes, you name it.

We all agreed they'd make an ideal RTW bike.....they take the weight, they just keep going and going and you get to see everything properly- and the looks from locals as you ride through some isolated places is funny, they just can't believe it.

On a 10 grand bike there's always hassle and they look at the rider as a rich target, but on a cheap scooter like the C90, it's a different thing altogether....fantastic little machines :thumb :thumb

Awesome, awesome stuff! Welcome back :bow

Glad to know all are back safe and sound, look forward to seeing the pics.

I can see another Ewan & Charlie epic! :rolleyes:

judge said:
9 months and 5000 miles didn't see me do anything than ping some spokes - that said you'll still take it into your workshop, replace everything then sell it :D

Where did that come from Andy.........

i get as mush pleasure spannering as i do riding the things, but i am looking for a baby cub to cherish and keep.....not to sell to JB just sell on and make a profit out of me. :D :D

Andy

legger said:
Where did that come from Andy.........

i get as mush pleasure spannering as i do riding the things, but i am looking for a baby cub to cherish and keep.....not to sell to JB just sell on and make a profit out of me. :D :D

Andy

You'll have to fix your garage first, Andy :D

bill,

i have got all of rocky's pics on the laptop i will phone you about the smug mug thing or perhaps you could pm or email the destructions (i mean instructions) of how to post the pics for you to sort

glad all are back well

x

Will write up details and PM them tommorrow Maria.....it's as easy as logging in using my PW and login and clicking a few buttons though.....easy peasy ;)

Green eyed monster!

... I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures, it looks amazing, and must have been a wicked experience, full of highs and some lows, but hopefully not too many! I'm jealous as f**k and full of admiration! Well done everybody ...

More! more! MORE!
we wants more piccies and a thread please.
(astounded, jealous and impressed at youz :thumb )

Well Done Folks.
Og.

I suspect the pics are all being sorted and played with now......there are rather a lot of them ;)

It's also going to take some time for the TITS to adjust to the reality of what we've done and seen.......and the differences in what 'we' have and what 'they' have.....I wouldn't be at all surprised to find them all being rather subdued for a while while it all sinks in- I certainly was last year and it's hard to get going again....the TITS will know what I mean there.

The trip report thread will probably be written behind the scenes for a while and then brought out into the open when it's done, but I've no doubt more pics will be surfacing very soon ;)

I have put 200 or so of my 400 pics - which were not loaded into Bill's laptop - onto Bill's smugmug account. Details on how to get to it shall follow from the man himself.
Bill put the details here, please!

Great stuff. You should all be proud of a fabulous achievement :clap

Back
Top Bottom