SECOND ANNUAL WEST KERRY ADVENTURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kerry Man

SECOND ANNUAL WEST KERRY SPRING/SUMMER ADVENTURE (WEST COAST IRELAND)

June 8th-11th 2006 Thurs-Sun

Where: The village Cloghane, (200 pop) sits right on Brandon bay with the second highest mountain rising behind. There is a great Hostel/coffee and grocery shop that I have booked for the second weekend in June. Meticulously maintained by a German 650GS owner it is one of the nicest hostels in Ireland. It has a capacity for 40, along with some camping, coffee/grocery shop. Lots of parking for bikes and a great pub next door. . From here, it is 8 miles over the Highest pass in Ireland to Dingle, then unlimited possibilities for riding in South Kerry with Irelands highest mountains, and stunning coastline. This area has some of the most stunning scenery in Europe on absolutely brilliant GS roads, not to be missed.
No organized rides per se: Road book and GPS coordinates for rides off the beaten path, different routes from last year. All Gs’ers welcome as well as any friends on two wheels.
Excellent Middle-Eastern meal on the Saturday night!

see: www.dingle-peninsula.ie/

Accomodation: Please contact www.mountbrandonhostel.com to book and see great photos. Please book early for single-double rooms and apartment. When booking tell them it is for GS event! Prices are €16-25 per night and include continental breakfast!

If you need a B&B or have any questions about travelling to Kerry or anything please contact me directly timsweeney@eircom.net 066-7138926 0872025976 (Ireland code 353)

Please note, I will be away on the bike from April 11-May 9th, I will get back to you about any queries when I return

Did that!

Joined Tim and the others last year on this weekend.
The weather, company and scenery and riding were awesome - hope you get the same this year.
Sorry we can't make it this time - the Saturday night meal is not to be missed

Sherpa ;)

The Kerry Man said:
SECOND ANNUAL WEST KERRY SPRING/SUMMER ADVENTURE (WEST COAST IRELAND)

June 8th-11th 2006 Thurs-Sun

Where: The village Cloghane, (200 pop) sits right on Brandon bay with the second highest mountain rising behind. There is a great Hostel/coffee and grocery shop that I have booked for the second weekend in June. Meticulously maintained by a German 650GS owner it is one of the nicest hostels in Ireland. It has a capacity for 40, along with some camping, coffee/grocery shop. Lots of parking for bikes and a great pub next door. . From here, it is 8 miles over the Highest pass in Ireland to Dingle, then unlimited possibilities for riding in South Kerry with Irelands highest mountains, and stunning coastline. This area has some of the most stunning scenery in Europe on absolutely brilliant GS roads, not to be missed.
No organized rides per se: Road book and GPS coordinates for rides off the beaten path, different routes from last year. All Gs’ers welcome as well as any friends on two wheels.
Excellent Middle-Eastern meal on the Saturday night!

see: www.dingle-peninsula.ie/

Accomodation: Please contact www.mountbrandonhostel.com to book and see great photos. Please book early for single-double rooms and apartment. When booking tell them it is for GS event! Prices are €16-25 per night and include continental breakfast!

If you need a B&B or have any questions about travelling to Kerry or anything please contact me directly timsweeney@eircom.net 066-7138926 0872025976 (Ireland code 353)

jesus,and there's me thinking that tim sold his bike :nenau .....loz

Sorry Kerry Man but I'm afraid I can't attend your Spring/Summer Adventure as I am commited to a rally in Inchigeelagh on the same weekend.

I wish you the very best for your event. :thumb :beerjug:

Aidan

. . . Inchigeelagh, Aidan, a grand spot; many the time I left there fluthered.

Hi Tim,

As you know I will probably be preoccupied across the channel around that time, but if there's a 'window' I'll be over there like a shot! Fanatastic craic last year!

Cheers

Roger :beer:

West Kerry Trip

Aidan,
Nice day trip from Inchegeela to Cloghane for you.
Kill two birds with one stone.
I'll try to get over for it but need to check with new work commitments.
Pat.

Sorry I'll miss this, it was a great trip last year. Good trailin' with Jimmy Ellis, good dinner in Hostel, good stunts by Swampy!
Highly recommended! :D

Attachments

• Kerry June 05 01A.jpg
    Kerry June 05 01A.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 819
Swampy's Honda ticking over 5 minutes after being lifted from upsidedown in a boggy ditch.
Rider was grand as we say, shaken but not deterred!
(Can't remember his name, anyone help?)

Attachments

• Swampy.jpg
    Swampy.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 827
Close resemblance, but no coconut.
He went into the ditch at about 30 mph. The bfront wheel dug in and flipped the bike in a fwd roll, he somersaulted over the bars and landed neatly on his back.
Luckily, no injuries or damage.

no connection but its the best photo ive ever taken my mate will on a trip with redtread in spain anyone with gs doing that would be ultra cool

Attachments

• WILL.jpg
    WILL.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 782
Bin Ridin said:
Close resemblance, but no coconut.
He went into the ditch at about 30 mph. The bfront wheel dug in and flipped the bike in a fwd roll, he somersaulted over the bars and landed neatly on his back.
Luckily, no injuries or damage.
tyres look a bit suspect these may be better was he off road on purpose

Looking at the pictures, looks fantastic, small question though are the road biased tyres suitable for the off road sections, and secondly anyone thinking of going down from Belfast direction on the Friday, as I'm new to this forum and would like to know more about getting envolved.

DeadRed said:
Looking at the pictures, looks fantastic, small question though are the road biased tyres suitable for the off road sections, and secondly anyone thinking of going down from Belfast direction on the Friday, as I'm new to this forum and would like to know more about getting envolved.

DeadRed,

I would be heading down and would be glad of the company. Not fussed on when I leave so I would be flexible. We will get in contact closer to the time.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom