Achill Island 28th - 30th July 2006

We're Coming Too!!

Have booked a double room today for me and Mrs Grizzly!. Looking forward to it :cool:
It'll be the first trip to the west coast of Ireland - so I hope it's like the west coast of Scotland in July? - always sunny!!!!! :cool:

See you all in July, Cheers...............Grizzly :beer: :beer:

Got my room booked this morning . Really nice person. See you all around

Dennis said:
HTML:
Can someone print this pic as a poster, I'd buy it

No problem, how big do you want it!

If someone (Sugarcube?) could email me the original full res file I could get you a much better quality, but if not I'll see what can be done

Dennis :thumb

Den dear....put me down for one as well.....brings back so many memories!.... :bounce1

Would have liked to have done this one but gona be in NW Canada :(

Oh well ... just have to rough it I suppose ;)

looking at going over with Duchess....... does any one know time wise
how long from Dublin or Dun Dooha to Achill. Route planner says 12hrs :eek:
thanks Rob

It's about 200 miles, should take around 4 hours non-stop or 5 if you're not in a great hurry. Dublin N4 - Mullingar - Longford N5 - Charlestown - Westport N59 - Newport - Mulrany. Not scenic but direct

shuck raider said:
It's about 200 miles, should take around 4 hours non-stop or 5 if you're not in a great hurry. Dublin N4 - Mullingar - Longford N5 - Charlestown - Westport N59 - Newport - Mulrany. Not scenic but direct

thanks shuck now we can plan the crossing :thumb

Did a quick recce of the hotel & campsite on Sunday ;)

Due to the frost & fog when I woke up in Galway on Sunday I travelled up & back with PJ ( thanks again :thumb ) in his Rav 4. After about an hours travelling the weather cleared & it was a beautiful sunny day, if a tad cool ;)

Would have been great on the bike :(

Anyway, the hotel is located just at the bridge onto the island with stunning views of Achill Sound

Attachments

• 19022006024.jpg
    19022006024.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 315
And finally the hotel :beer:

(Considering these photos were taken with a mobile they didn't turn out too badly, IMHO :D )

Didn't have time to recce routes so myself & Aidan will just have to spend a day or two up there after Easter - purely for the common good you understand :D :D

Attachments

• 19022006027.jpg
    19022006027.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 301
Good man Jockser, :thumb

Looks pretty good for a cold Sunday in February. Roll on the recce in April. :bounce1

Aidan1150 said:
Looks pretty good for a cold Sunday in February. bounce1

It was gorgeous - sunshine, no wind & bugger all traffic - shame I didn't have the moto :(

Roll on April :D

Looks promising, please put us down for a pitch on the footie pitch (?)

Lisa n Cogs

No need to book in advance for the camping.

It will cost you €15 to pitch your tent for the weekend, all of which will go to the local club who have allowed us the use of their facility.

Aidan

Back
Top Bottom