Anita says a big thank you at last

bansang

So sorry not to have been in contact before now, here’s my excuse.

Since my return from Bansang I had the opportunity to go on BBC Radio 4. I was not expecting the response that I had, over 2,000 hits on the website in 2 days alone and a continuous stream of emails, letters, donations and offers of help. Each and every one will have to be responded too, but it takes time. Then the documentary was broadcast on the 6th February, the response has been over whelming, and hence I am working 19 hours a day to try to keep up with the workload. As the saying goes “Strike whilst the Irons Hot”

The UKGSER’s you have never been far away from my thoughts since the day I met you all back in Bansang.

It was a fantastic moment when I saw you had all arrived safely after your epic journey across mountains, desert and of course “THE ROAD TO BANSANG” – hey, sounds like a good title for a song.

I know that you all had a fantastic time but, unlike so many others that have done the same journey, who leave the vehicles to be auctioned to the highest bidder on the coast, you all went that bit further. In fact you went 200 miles further on what you described as the worst road out of the 4,000 miles that you had covered to get to the Gambia.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the 7 Honda’s.
One for Mariama our fabulous young amputee, and the remaining six for the hospital to use as follows:

1 SEN school so that they can monitor students when they are doing practical assignments in Bush Clinics.

2. Emergency blood collection.

3. Social worker visits to monitor HIV patients in villages.

4. Procurement Officer.

5. Laboratory technician who can be called upon 24/7.

6. A possibility is that this scooter will be used to pick-up Doctors in emergency’s from Basse, 35 kilometres away.

Please pass on my heart felt thanks to everyone that has been involved with donating the bikes, all of the medical supplies and the many other items that are to numerous to mention that arrived safe and sound in Bansang. I know that when I was helping you to unload your service vehicle it was a bit like the Tardis, quite incredible.

I thank you all for your support and skills that you freely shared with all during your stay at Bansang. Another memorable moment, you certainly left your mark on the hillside with bells ringing and flames a leaping, nobody could ever forget you!!!!

Thank you is a word that we all use every day of our lives but I say it with the greatest sincerity for all that you have done for the patients, staff and the community of Bansang. As you know the people have nothing to give you but I know that they pray and give thanks for all that you have done for them.

You know that you are all welcome back any time, thank you

Love and best wishes

Anita Smith
Bansang Hospital Appeal

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

It was a great pleasure Anita, and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be seeing a lot of us (and a fair few more from the board too I suspect) again.

The wall appeal is gathering momentum......but I'll speak to you soon about that.

Many thanks for your words and the hospitality out there.....you've won a few more hearts in your campaign :thumb

Fondest regards

Bill

bansang said:
Another memorable moment, you certainly left your mark on the hillside with bells ringing and flames a leaping, nobody could ever forget you!!!!

Ahem, I thank you !

Attachments

• Burntmountain.JPG
    Burntmountain.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 259
Hi Anita....thank you so much for updating us all on the fate of the scoots!!...Nice to know that they are all being used for such a variety of jobs and will benefit alot of people, both staff and patients alike...
Thanx again for the warm welcome that you all gave us and hopefully in the not to distant future we'll be visiting again....and we promise not to let Paul play with the flares again!.... :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom