Ferry information

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
For those coming over to the UKGSer Achill Island weekend in July we have put together a basic ferry guide and links.

The quotes below are based around a bike and two persons travelling to Ireland on Thursday July 27 and returning on Monday July 31.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Scotland;

P&O Irish Sea

Troon/Larne/Troon. £102

Cairnryan/Larne/Cairnryan. £101

Stena

Stranraer/Belfast/Stranraer. £124

From England;

Irish Ferries

Holyhead/Dublin/Holyhead. £124/£131 Depending on whether you take the fast or conventional ferry or a combination of both.

Stena

Holyhead/Dublin or Dun Laoghaire/Holyhead. £114/£124 Again depending on whether you take the conventional or fast ferry or a combination of both.

Of course those travelling from further south in the UK have the option to use Stena from Fishguard to Rosslare, or Irish Ferries from Pembroke to Rosslare. Prices will be broadly in line with the Holyhead to Dublin route.

There are also overnight ferries operated by Norse Merchant Ferries and P&O Irish Sea from Birkenhead and Liverpool respectively to Dublin, but at just over £300 return for a bike and two people there's just too much beer money to be saved.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We hope this basic information will be useful to those of you travelling to Ireland for the first time.

Bon Voyage.

Aidan & Jockser.

Nice of you to sort out prices for the folks from out of town . Can you sort me a price for Scotland on the ene of MAY . Safe me the bother . Have a good one in Donegal

Aidan1150 said:
For those coming over to the UKGSer Achill Island weekend in July we have put together a basic ferry guide and links.

The quotes below are based around a bike and two persons travelling to Ireland on Thursday July 27 and returning on Monday July 31.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Scotland;

P&O Irish Sea

Troon/Larne/Troon. £102

Cairnryan/Larne/Cairnryan. £101

Stena

Stranraer/Belfast/Stranraer. £124

From England;

Irish Ferries

Holyhead/Dublin/Holyhead. £124/£131 Depending on whether you take the fast or conventional ferry or a combination of both.

Stena

Holyhead/Dublin or Dun Laoghaire/Holyhead. £114/£124 Again depending on whether you take the conventional or fast ferry or a combination of both.

Of course those travelling from further south in the UK have the option to use Stena from Fishguard to Rosslare, or Irish Ferries from Pembroke to Rosslare. Prices will be broadly in line with the Holyhead to Dublin route.

There are also overnight ferries operated by Norse Merchant Ferries and P&O Irish Sea from Birkenhead and Liverpool respectively to Dublin, but at just over £300 return for a bike and two people there's just too much beer money to be saved.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We hope this basic information will be useful to those of you travelling to Ireland for the first time.

Bon Voyage.

Aidan & Jockser.

Can I add Fishguard to Rosselare is £93ish on fast ferry and
£73.00 on slower chap.
:beerjug:

Stena Discounts

When booking Stena routes enter A003 in the "Offer Code" box and you will get 25% discount.

Dave

Discount on sailings

Guys don't book online phone the Stena Office and ask for the motor sports discount we got, belfast strarear return 'May Day bank Holiday Week End' for £60-00 return thats not a bad price........ phone number for stena UK 02890747747 the fast one is the HSS service and the slow boy is the Conventional. Bargaining is always easier if there are more than one of You :bounce1

The Online price with discount was £95-00, stena hav3e put in place the easy jet system were if you book further in advance you get more discount so if your booking the day before you travel expect to pay £3,000,000.00 for the same journey.

Return £61 !!!

I booked the other day and used the A003 code on the Stena site; final price was £61 return for Fishguard - Rosslare (Conventional) and Dun Whatsit - Holyhead (Fast) :thumb

Dellis said:
When booking Stena routes enter A003 in the "Offer Code" box and you will get 25% discount.

Dave
Anyone got another code this one dont work no more!! :D

ianran said:
Anyone got another code this one dont work no more!! :D
Booking through MCN site is £63.50 for fast geezer or £53 for old geezer!!!

Whatton said:

10 out of 10 (NOT!!!) for Stenna customer service! Booked my tickets using Direct Debit card and got charged for using credit card (no obvious warning of this on site). My mate used his Credit card on my on-line booking registration and didnt get charged. I phoned Stenna to enquire and was told"we always charge!" I replied " So why did'nt he pay charges?" she said brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ( ie hung up!!!!)

Why do these companies do this? You can't use any other form of payment so surely they just build it into the price instead of deception :spitfire

Any way all toys back in pram and looking forward to a great weekend :clap :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom