Not open for further replies.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
West Midlands Wobble & BBQ

Date :- 10th & 11th June 2006.

Venue – The Fish & Anchor, Offenham, Evesham, Worcs. WR11 8RT

(THIS IS A NON SMOKING PUBLIC HOUSE.)

Directions - Sat Nav co-ordinates are N52 07.327 W1 54.335 and the grid reference is 065-471. It is on the B4510 in between Evesham & Cleeve Prior.

Out of Evesham, take the B4035 towards Stratford upon Avon. At the first island turn left, 100 yards on take the left-hand fork. Follow that road for a few miles until you come to the river Avon on your left, the Fish & Anchor is on your right hand side.

Or from Bidford on Avon, take the B4085 towards Honeybourne, at the first crossroads turn right. Continue along this road and through Cleeve Prior. At the next crossroads turn right again, the Fish & Anchor is just along this road on the left hand side.

Camping and B & B is available at the Fish & Anchor, but you will need to book this direct with them. They can cater for probably 40 tents, not to certain on the cost to camp, but I think that it is £10 per night?

The B & B offer is as follows, 1 x single room + 2 x twin rooms + 1 x double ensuite room + the cottage which sleep 4 in 2 double beds, ensuite.

Prices: Single £40.00 per night - Twins £55.00 per night - Double £65.00 per night - Cottage £90.00 per night

Contact Steve on 01386 41277 or steve@fishandanchor.co.uk to book please.

We intend to have the BBQ early evening followed by live entertainment, and of course there will be a raffle.

The price per person will be £10, this will include the food and the evenings entertainment, but does NOT inc camping or B & B expenses!

There will also be a nominal charge of £2.00 per person if you intend paying a social visit during the day.

All monies raised will be donated to a nominated local charity.

There will be hopefully be a couple of organised ride outs on both days, so that you can explore the beauty of the Cotswold countryside.

But I now need to pay up front for the band also for the BBQ, therefore to help with the cash flow I now need people to commit.

I am working on the assumption that we can get at least 50 people to attend so hopefully we will cover the costs.

If I cannot get somewhere near this number then the event might have to be cancelled, so please express your intentions ASAP!

Therefore I am asking for payment in advance please. Can you please mail me direct ( bigtrailbikerider@btinternet.com ) or PM me so that I can send you details as to who & where to send the payment.

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

07761 786828

DANGER - Event Alert!

Sadly, I have only received a few "firm" replies, so based on this factor I am very now reluctant to shell out £300 for the evening entertainment.

To be fair I still have a couple of weeks before I need to pay out any monies, so unless something dramatically changes within that period, then there will NOT be a band!

The few that have paid in advance, will of course receive a refund for the entertainment in the event that it is cancelled.

Alan

That's a shame Alan. I'd love to give you my support but with a seriously sick wife at the moment I just can't commit myself to anything at the moment until the very last minute.

JAY said:
That's a shame Alan. I'd love to give you my support but with a seriously sick wife at the moment I just can't commit myself to anything at the moment until the very last minute.

No worries John, and I do understand.

But there are a lot of local people that could commit who have already expressed an interest in the event.

Count me in

Alan,

Count me and SWMBO in for the weekend. :bounce1

Come on the rest of you, let's have some support :clap :beerjug:

we're in !!

Alan,
Sue and I are in......regardless of entertainment, Lets just get together regardless, they do food and the camping will be great !!! What else do we need ???

I will put my hand up for this one as well - count me and the mrs. in.

Regards

Jan

As I don't live far from Evesham, I'll definitely be there, and am trying to persuade another GSer to join and come along

ooops just reminded me. Knew i had something to do. :eek:
Just been told our special raffle prize has been dispatched :clap

abrasion said:
ooops just reminded me. Knew i had something to do. :eek:
Just been told our special raffle prize has been dispatched :clap

Chris

Its fair to say, that I/we/us need to book the band ASAP, still not hit the target people wise, but we are getting there..............if slowly ;)

Alan

Just confirmed the band.

we'll be ok when mutley comes back from llangollen after selling all of those tickets :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom