News Flash - bike broken

sorebums

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks

Just had these dramatic pics and message in from Fritz and Bev..

---

Ever have this problem on your trip ? Think it stems back to a rear end shunt frm a fellow gSer two years ago, but of course mainly due to weight.....I keep trying to get Bev to diet....

x5.JPG

Broken sub-frame, frame rail snapped, and fillet separated

x6.JPG

View from other side, bit clearer the nature of the total failure

Quick jot, title says it all. All that talk of the old bikes strength over the terrible terrain recently cast a spell ! The sub-frame has cracked in half on top rail, and split from the gusset on the bar that goes down towards the swingarm. Only discovered in pulling in to The Petite in central Tucuman. Guess gave up today, can´t blame it !

Looks like we´re in Tucuman for at least tonight and tomorrow night. Have the recommendation of a Japanese welder here that we´ll try tomorrow. Seemed quite strong even with that failure, but might be a bit dangerous to continue without repair...and we´re hardly exactly in the middle of nowhere. Copied a few folk in just in case you´re in the area. Shouldn´t hinder our return to BA, just adds a little more adventure to our last 3 weeks, ho hum ! At least we have a few musuems and galleries in town, Cafyate could have beem more difficult, though sure plenty of agricultural welders, but Salta wud have been ideal !

Over and Out, Fritz y Bev
---

Looks like they'll be ok.

More regular postings to come.

Simon

Hi Guys,

See what you mean..... :eek:

After all that you've been through it goes now!! Hope you manage to get it sorted, by now I'm guessing it's not as stressful to deal with as it would have been at the beginning... :thumb

Take care and best of luck!

nik :ymca

Definitely hint of LWR about it.

Hope you get it sorted. :thumb

Boz said:
Hi Guys,

See what you mean..... :eek:

After all that you've been through it goes now!! Hope you manage to get it sorted, by now I'm guessing it's not as stressful to deal with as it would have been at the beginning... :thumb

Take care and best of luck!

nik :ymca

I put the curse on it by saying it was so robust compared to the 12s :confused: Any sign of yours yet :nenau Heard YMCA the other day :ymca See you soon mate :love :beerjug:

I'm now in a depressed state having spent my lunchtime reading through this Latin Adventure.

Depressed through jealousy and envy, of course!

The temptation to go straight to Heathrow this evening and just bugger off is strong.

Excellent pictures. Make me go tingly. Love it.
:clap :clap

marcus said:
I'm now in a depressed state having spent my lunchtime reading through this Latin Adventure.

Depressed through jealousy and envy, of course!

:clap :clap

Cheers mate....not as p*ssed off as us though....coming home in a week :nenau still, been a effin great adventure. Come on over...it's great ;)

Glad your both back on the road again... what a fantastic adventure... it surely puts our little green lane attempts in perspective... :confused:

3 weeks to go... weather will be perfect by then.. :cool: I feel a trip to Thrisk coming on for a spot of holiday slide show.... :D :D

Cracking adventure... :thumb

and Big hugs to Bev too... :beerjug:

It's getting so sad now :tears
But yupp...top adventure ;)
The green laning back home will still be something to look forward too, and the samll matter of showing some holiday pics :D
Will sort a date and book the cinema for a proper display. See you for the May meet, and hopefully on the bike too :thumb
Hugs and kisses from us to all there ;)

Back
Top Bottom