Pre book for the East Midlands Event

archaeo said:
i just did it already at least i think i did :eek

i am not good at computer bits but i think i just pre bokked me
jason is goin g to have to play it by ear for now

hmmm i will be late though on the friday as i am following to the end of the run to region 12 to see sue come in

be a support rider for her x

Fantastic Maria ... Plan is Region 1 riders are coming out to meet Region 12 to bring them in.

See you then...

Karen. :)

We will pre-book tomorrow - Possu has to sort out his working hours on Saturday first (and it's his PayPal account... :mmmm).

But for the record: I'll stay two nights, Steve propably one.

Cheers, Ela

Help

How do I use paypal then. dont have a account, help me pay please.....

Sorry but it is late and I,m a IT numpty..

Duchess said:
Fantastic Maria ... Plan is Region 1 riders are coming out to meet Region 12 to bring them in.

See you then...

Hi,
Can someone please tell me (and other riders who are not with Region 12) about this "ride in" ? :nenau or do we just turn up on Friday (or is it Saturday?) saying "We're Region 8 - where do we go???" :confused: FEeling totally in the dark about the whole thing :(

Since we have to pass the Midlands to come home again on our approx 1300 mile round trip - I would like to know abit more about what is happening for the event etc etc; :nenau where the "girls" are meeting so we can join them :) and what will be happening at the meet. :nenau

Ta very muchly :mmmm
Moo

This whole thing, with the dry run in June and the actual run in September is costing us a tidy sum. :eek: ...........which I don't begrudge -- but spending another £50 for the one night at the doo and then having not a clue what is going on - will be slightly annoying! Please feed the trolls with info!! :clap

Can I tentatively ask if the "girlies" and the support riders, who are spending ALOT of their own dosh already, for the cause, could be subsidised for the "doo"??

sillymoo said:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me (and other riders who are not with Region 12) about this "ride in" ? :nenau or do we just turn up on Friday (or is it Saturday?) saying "We're Region 8 - where do we go???" :confused: FEeling totally in the dark about the whole thing :(

Since we have to pass the Midlands to come home again on our approx 1300 mile round trip - I would like to know abit more about what is happening for the event etc etc; :nenau where the "girls" are meeting so we can join them :) and what will be happening at the meet. :nenau

Ta very muchly :mmmm
Moo

This whole thing, with the dry run in June and the actual run in September is costing us a tidy sum. :eek: ...........which I don't begrudge -- but spending another £50 for the one night at the doo and then having not a clue what is going on - will be slightly annoying! Please feed the trolls with info!! :clap

Can I tentatively ask if the "girlies" and the support riders, who are spending ALOT of their own dosh already, for the cause, could be subsidised for the "doo"??

Amy

Nobody's keeping you in the dark, we've alot of information that we're trying to put together so please just bear with us for the time being.

From a personal point of view, yes its cost me alot of money too and continues to do so but its all going to be worth it :thumb

sillymoo said:
Karen,
I was not suggesting that anyone was "keeping me in the dark". I am not paranoid, just simply asking a question. I do not need to be patronised about the money issue -- I simply asked that is all. From our point of view - we are now away for the majority of Aug and some of Sept.and due to the fact that we are, like other parents on the run, having to have our son looked after by non-family members - I wanted to know when the "girls" are meeting up; what day and where from; the threads are all over the place so trying to find this out was getting to be a nightmare.

It seems, at times, that simply asking causes offence. Why?

Amy
Amy, how did you arrive at that conclusion... Karen was simply answering your question :nenau

Paul G (BHT) said:
Amy, how did you arrive at that conclusion... Karen was simply answering your question :nenau

Written replies sometimes are taken in the wrong vain! I wrote my reply and then edited. I felt like a stupid little girl! How dare I ask - is how I felt.

Karen and I will sort this out between us thanks. I asked the questions because I thought other people might like to know and it is less than a month away (most of which I am away for). Trying to trawl through all of these threads is really hard at times and I was getting nowhere trying to find out more aout where all this "ride in" is happening.

To air our launtry in public -- Dermot and I are both self employed and this is the poorest time of year for us. I wanted some help -- that was all -- I wanted to see if we could perhaps be part of the finale and go to the doo - but we simply cannot afford another £50. We are doing 1300 miles over that weekend - involving petrol; accomodation; food and the like over 4 days. I was just asking if, perhaps, a smaller fee might be possible. I guess not!

enabb said:
How do I use paypal then. dont have a account, help me pay please.....

Sorry but it is late and I,m a IT numpty..

So do I have to register with paypal to pay :nenau

or is there a link I can do it through, as when paying BHT for site sponsership...

Come on them in the know please :thumb

enabb said:
So do I have to register with paypal to pay :nenau

or is there a link I can do it through, as when paying BHT for site sponsership...

Come on them in the know please :thumb

Have a look at this it will allow you to pay without a PayPal account :thumb

sillymoo said:
Now I am really embarrassed! :(

Don't you feel embarrassed, Amy, your concerns are absolutely justified. (I have exactly the same questions but didn't dare to ask them in public - so craven me sent Karen a pm... :mmmm).

Like you I don't want to dwell upon the money we girls have already invested in the Pink Way but there is a certain threshold in terms of appropriateness (hope this is the right word and you understand what I mean).

So if somebody could explain in a bit more detail why we have to spend £80.00 for two nights camping for 2 people, I would be most grateful.

Thanks, Ela

Pumpy said:
Don't you feel embarrassed, Amy, your concerns are absolutely justified. (I have exactly the same questions but didn't dare to ask them in public - so craven me sent Karen a pm... :mmmm).

Like you I don't want to dwell upon the money we girls have already invested in the Pink Way but there is a certain threshold in terms of appropriateness (hope this is the right word and you understand what I mean).

So if somebody could explain in a bit more detail why we have to spend £80.00 for two nights camping for 2 people, I would be most grateful.

Thanks, Ela

Hi Ela, :)
As with you I just feel that it is being taken for granted that we can all afford this East Midlands "doo" as well as the ride itself. Dermot (the hubby) and I would REALLY like to be part of the final ride in - but its just too much esp if we are needing to be there for 2 nights :eek: - but even one is alot :( . I feel like everyone felt I was being a real "sour puss" about the whole thing - when all I wanted to know was
a) where we are all meeting for the "ride in"
and
b) is there a chance that those who have put so much time, effort and money into the cause, of their own, could perhaps get into the EM doo on a subsidised if not free rate. I don't want to put anyone out -- I was just asking. A motto I have in life "you don't ask - you don't get"!!

Thanks for writing what you did :clap - both you and Kenny made me feel less stupid and money grabbing. Its' always a touchy subject eh! Money!

Moo

PS Ela - which Region are you doing??? I'm on Region 8. See you soon, if we're all able.

Sorry none of my business really but,

I didn't realise the East midlands "do" was being arranged especially for the Pink Way Round, I assumed it was just convienient for everybody to meet up over the weekend there :nenau Am I wrong :nenau

Shep

Shep said:
Sorry none of my business really but,

I didn't realise the East midlands "do" was being arranged especially for the Pink Way Round, I assumed it was just convienient for everybody to meet up over the weekend there :nenau Am I wrong :nenau

Shep
Shep, please see the first post in this thread
As you are probably already aware this event coincides with the end of The Pink Way Around Britain Challenge and will be a fitting finale to everyone's hard work

Duchess said:
Amy

Nobody's keeping you in the dark, we've alot of information that we're trying to put together so please just bear with us for the time being.

From a personal point of view, yes its cost me alot of money too and continues to do so but its all going to be worth it :thumb

oh.. I've just caught up with this thread and I apologise if I offended anyone with the above ... I was running out of the door when I posted it. Late for work. It really wasn't meant to sound so harsh. :eek:

Amy, I've just had a thought. Not sure if it'll work but its got to be worth a try.

How about asking for sponsorship towards fuel costs, erm... ask friends, family, people in your local pub etc. if they would be willing to help pay for the fuel costs towards the run. Explain that your about to embark on a challenge for a real worthwhile cause ....

Its just an idea off the top of my head ... pm me, I'll try and help as much as I can. We might be able to throw some ideas together and which might help the others too :)

ps: I understand really I do, if we can get our heads together and come up with some ideas. Mines buzzing with lots of things right now.

Can't book yet Bryn, 'cos I don't know how many we are......I'm definately coming, pretty sure Dani is as well but we were thinking of bringiing some of the anklebiters.....I'll get that worked out this weekend :thumb

PS that sponsorship idea sounds good Duchess.....I'd imagine if the riders tapped up their family/friends/workmates/people down the pub, most if not all of the fuel costs could be covered...ten people at a fiver each is two tanks of petrol :thumb

I'm looking forwards to the event :D :thumb

:hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast

Fanum said:
PS that sponsorship idea sounds good Duchess.....I'd imagine if the riders tapped up their family/friends/workmates/people down the pub, most if not all of the fuel costs could be covered...ten people at a fiver each is two tanks of petrol :thumb

Would these be the same "family/friends/workmates/people down the pub" that have already been tapped up for sponsoring the ride itself? If so, you're asking them to sponsor you twice with the second donation not going to charity..........

I've already raised over £300 from workmates & colleagues on Ela's (Pumpy)behalf and wouldn't dream of asking them again. :eek

I fully sympathise with Amy, riding up from London to cover one of the northernmost legs of the ride at her own expense, deserves as much support as possible IMO. :thumb :thumb :thumb

Back
Top Bottom