And the Good News from Bansang......

Had a letter from Anita at the weekend thanking us for the money raised and saying that the wall is coming along well. The new children's wing is due to open any day now.

Total raised towards to Wall so far is almost £5000, £3000 coming from book sales, the other £2000 from general donations to the TITS fund.

With Bewley and Horizons Unlimited coming up we should be able to shift a few more books, hopefully. My local paper is also running the story yet again. There really must be a shortage of news at the moment in Carmarthen. My goal is to have the entire cost on the wall covered by the end of Princetown meeting :beerjug:

Dennis there's two boxes of books going to Kelso with us in July as well and Les still has one box and a banner so that'll add to the sales hopefully.

You're a pint sized God Dennis
I see what you meant on the brake failure thread now about the piss taking :D :D :D

Seriously though....Are any of the team going to Bewley as I think we could sell a lot more books with one of us actually pushing it on the stand. Chippy and I will be shoving it at everyone up at the Horizon meeting that weekend :thumb

I'm sure this smilie has been added just for me - Thank you paul :rob
Even more now I see it's called "rob"

Dennis said:
Seriously though....Are any of the team going to Bewley as I think we could sell a lot more books with one of us actually pushing it on the stand. Chippy and I will be shoving it at everyone up at the Horizon meeting that weekend :thumb

"

When is Bewley? Is it around the same time as Beaulieu? I might be able to make it.

Steve

oblertone said:
Which weekend is that then ?

24/25th June. (un)fortunately I will be mostly busy sailing dinghies under the warm Turkish sun...... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Steve,,,,did you receive your kit bag?.....x
(After all, you'll need it to get all your sailing gear in!)

Scoots in the Sahara

Hi Dennis

Just want to say WELL DONE to all who paricipated in this venture :thumb, I really enjoyed the wee book some fantastic pictures and you told it as you saw it at the time and through it all you have made some real friends for life.
Is there going to be an update on the work you all have started sometime soon ?

Schultz

Finally finished reading the book (I'm a slow reader!) and I'd like to say that it was excellent. Well written, good pictures, a quality production.

Sounds like it was a fascinating trip and it's good you're all still speaking to each other ;) (you are aren't you? :D )

Nice one Dennis :thumb

Cheers

Dick

Thanks for the kind comments guys they really are very much appreciated :bow

Is there going to be an update on the work you all have started sometime soon ?

Anita is out in Bansang now. At this moment she is probably already moving some of the children into the new wing whilst the last of the painting is hardly dry. I am also told that the wall is coming on apace and hopefully Anita will be emailing me some pics once she returns.

To date, between us we have sent out £5500 toward the cost of the wall and with a little bit of a tail wind I should be sending a further £1000 by the end of the month. Mariama, the young amputee whom I (with a little help from my friends) taught to ride one of the scoots is now happily riding it around the place without problem. I had a lovely letter from her a couple of weeks ago saying how it had changed her life.

The official opening of the new childrens wing is likely to be in September by which time the wall should be almost finshed.....so I may well pop out for the ceromony (although it will of course be well into the mosi season). :beerjug:

Update

Hi Dennis

Thank's for the update,glad to hear that the wee lass continues to enjoy the scooter,and that the other work is progressing.

Schultz

Hi guys, where should I send the cheque to make a donation?

Cheque made out to 'UKGSer Challenge' ?

Keep up the good work.

Ace :thumb

Hi guys, where should I send the cheque to make a donation?
Or alternatively to Scooters in the Sahara when it will go straight to the wall building account.

That can either be paid directly into the paypal account of the same name or sent to me c/o
Just Print
1 Priory Street
Carmarthen
SA31 1LS

Another brick in the wall

£70.00 winging it's way to you courtesy of Acerimmer, DavidHale and Outtomunch.

Thanks guys.

Ace. :thumb

Attachments

• 70poundsReceipt.jpg
    70poundsReceipt.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 165
Excellent stuff.....thanks to everyone for that :D

Dennis......anything any of te rest of the TITS can do to help on the Sunday morning thingy ???

(Apart from be there in Jedibabs :D )

Back
Top Bottom