Road Ride is now sorted

Tarka

Reaction score
NOTE....Please don`t post irreverent and irrelevent content in this Thread.

Participants` comments are welcome,but please...not the usual bollocks.

Right then.

I`ve spent twenty hours over two days (one day with Glambabe ) and thirty quid`s worth of petrol sorting out the Road Ride.

It is now signed,sealed and delivered....done and dusted.

No negotiations,amendments,adjustments,modifications or excuses.

No prior routing information,no GPS waypoints,no statements of suitability.

No 'Event Insurance'.

No 'Organiser`s Liability'.

I`m going for a bike ride on the Saturday of the UKGSer Llangollen Weekend.

All and sundry are welcome to accompany me,should they wish....but they`re in charge of their own destiny and must ride within their own limitations and abilities.

The Road Ride will follow a blend of the 'Drop Off System' and the 'Missing Man System' and there will be a permanent leader and 'back marker'.

Rider Briefing will take place on the Friday night and prior to departure on the Saturday morning ...the combined systems will be explained then and there is a need to cover some important safety stuff.

The route will cover a maximum of 230 miles of mixed North Wales tarmac.

Don`t confuse yourself and equate that to 230 miles of 'big A roads' or motorways...it`ll feel like twice that distance....and occupy the whole day.....some of the route is quite 'technical'.

Only about 20 - 30 miles of this route will be main 'trunk' road....the rest will be single carriageway and mountain pass type road.

Don`t worry about not having a full tank at the start,but please ensure you have at least 50 miles worth to begin with.
An earlyish loo/petrol stop will feature before the fun really begins.

The combined ride system will allow for photo opportunities...and there will be several of them.

A pre lunch and post first technical section tea/coffee/cake stop has been pre arranged.

Lunch will be at a location with a choice of cafes/pubs/chippys/diners and a chance to stretch your legs.

There will be a few 'Bail Out' points with an easy return route to Llangollen for anyone feeling tired/fed up, etc.

The last bit of the route will be just as spectacular as the first bit,so hopefully most participants will ride the full distance.

Also....and handy for that homewards journey on Sunday...there will be a chance to fill your tanks within twenty miles of Llangollen on the return leg.

Enjoy :thumb :beerjug:

Road Ride

Sounds like you've put in some effort beyond the call of duty - North Wales on a Sunday :D whatever next.

Sounds like a good and very full day planned - looking forward to it!! :thumb

KevinC said:
Sounds like you've put in some effort beyond the call of duty

Never in the field of UKGSing has so much been owed by so many to so few

:D :D

KevinC said:
- North Wales on a Sunday :D whatever next.

Well....needs must....but I won`t be making a habit of it :eek: :eek:

Just to avoid any confusion...the Road Ride is on Saturday

( It was just my recce that went out on a Sunday )

KevinC said:
Sounds like a good and very full day planned - looking forward to it!! :thumb

Thanks, Kevin. :thumb

It will indeed be a full day,but as well as the lunch stop there are scheduled 'brew and loo' stops plus some strategic photographic stops that will break the day up nicely.

The route provides a variety of roads from the very technical single track mountain passes to smooth and twisty stuff with some regular A road work thrown in where we can relax a bit and simply enjoy the views.

tarka said:
Lunch will be at a location with a choice of cafes/pubs/chippys/diners and a chance to stretch your legs.

Dude, like where? I have "business" in Betsy Co-Ed in the Mid AM, but would like to hook up for lunch

TVM

VD

Viscount Derbyshire said:
Dude, like where? I have "business" in Betsy Co-Ed in the Mid AM, but would like to hook up for lunch

TVM

VD

Lunch will be South West from Betws y Coed.......I ain`t saying where yet.

PM me if yer not going to be at the Llangollen bash and I`ll PM you some details on Friday....

Maybe see ya for din dins . :thumb

tarka said:

PM me if yer not going to be at the Llangollen bash and I`ll PM you some details on Friday....

Coded PM sent Mr Bond.

tarka said:

I live 5 miles SW of Betws, but if you want din dins here you'll have to get it yourself I'll be 'out':dabone

I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic ride whatever the weather :clap

I was already booked on the Welsh National Rally so could do this but as my WNR route is all over North Wales on the Saturday I may well get to see you at some point - if we pass I'll wave, I'll be on a black 1150 GSA with a group of about 7 other mixed non GS'ers.

Have a great weekend and ride safe.

Can't make Llangollen I'm afraid, but is there any chance, someone on the ride/s can record the track log/s and post them on here later?

I wont be up in North Wales till June, but some pointers for good roads would be welcome. :thumb

Taff said:
Can't make Llangollen I'm afraid, but is there any chance, someone on the ride/s can record the track log/s and post them on here later?

I wont be up in North Wales till June, but some pointers for good roads would be welcome. :thumb

Only if I manage to catch Whatton sober enough on the Friday night to explain to me how to do it :friday :D

Taff said:

PM me a postal address and I`ll send you one of the Route Sheets I`ve written out for everyone :thumb

Start Time

I'm afraid SWMBO has to work, bribing my son to baby sit, so i can come out for the fun.

Any chance of start time, and a copy of the route, can pick up friday
I'm at the office in moreton in the morning

Best regards

Wolfman

Back
Top Bottom