Anyone with a bottle of Laphraoig going to Llangollen

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:dabone If anyone who has one of these is going, could they please bring it, Ineed to drink a bottle to decide if I like it?

ELIMINATOR said:
:dabone If anyone who has one of these is going, could they please bring it, Ineed to drink a bottle to decide if I like it?

Clearly not convinced by my lengthy arguments on the quality of Bowmore then :dabone

I was curoius...
-Does the Lapharoig tast like smoke? They say that here:
http://www.rateitall.com/i-7688-laphraoig-10-year.aspx

-Has any of you ever tasted a type of Aquavit?
-Is Lapharoig a must-taste for tourists?
Perhaps I better bring some Aquavit, to kill the taste of Lapharoig, if I don't like it. :cool: Specially if it is like Marmite; I have smelled it, but I haven't been so drunk so I have dared to taste it...

CU, well some of you, at Hogroast!

:) Liv. :beer:

Liv said:
I was curoius...
-Does the Lapharoig tast like smoke? They say that here:
http://www.rateitall.com/i-7688-laphraoig-10-year.aspx

-Has any of you ever tasted a type of Aquavit?
-Is Lapharoig a must-taste for tourists?
Perhaps I better bring some Aquavit, to kill the taste of Lapharoig, if I don't like it. :cool: Specially if it is like Marmite; I have smelled it, but I haven't been so drunk so I have dared to taste it...

CU, well some of you, at Hogroast!

:) Liv. :beer:

I've tasted Aquavit (water of life) ....it gets you pi**ed very efficiently. I was on a diving holiday in the Red Sea a few years ago and this Norwegian doctor joined our party and produced some of this stuff. The rest is a bit vague :D

Lord Snooty said:
I've tasted Aquavit (water of life) ..... The rest is a bit vague :D

I believe you! :eek:

The brown looking Aquavit is a bit sharper, stronger in a way, and that is the one I like the best.
Løiten Linje is brown.
Aalborg is clear, and does not have the little extra taste.
...and there is many more...

:) Liv.

snodog said:
No, it tastes like dirty peaty water with acid in it.

Also has added TCP (anti-septic) :eek flavour

I keep a bottle just to have a taste now and then, just to see if i'll aquire a taste for it, its been in the cupboard for about 7 years now, and its still a quarter full :rolleyes: Not my cup of tea at all!

Shep

If it's that bad give it to someone who appreciates it. Moi!

I think you'll find that if you appreciate good single malts then a bottle that has been open for seven years may be 'past it's best' :barf

Mutley1150 said:
I think you'll find that if you appreciate good single malts then a bottle that has been open for seven years may be 'past it's best' :barf

It was way past its best when i first opened the bottle :confused:

And if you think i'm going to buy another bottle just to check if freshness makes a difference, fat chance :rolleyes:

Shep :bounce1

Shep said:
It was way past its best when i first opened the bottle :confused:

And if you think i'm going to buy another bottle just to check if freshness makes a difference, fat chance :rolleyes:

Fair point, may I suggest that sir tries something a little less 'challenging' next time? A Highland, a Speyside or even a Lowland instead? :D

Mutley1150 said:
Fair point, may I suggest that sir tries something a little less 'challenging' next time? A Highland, a Speyside or even a Lowland instead? :D

Thats very nice of you, make mine a double :thumb

ELIMINATOR said:
If it's that bad give it to someone who appreciates it. Moi!

If you're at the Hogroast, I'll maybe bring an open bottle I have - just to get rid of it.

Mutley1150 said:

I would particularly recommend the wonderful Lowland Glenkinchie.
Distilled just up the road from me and quite possibly my favourite malt. Although the Springbank 21 Y was very pleasant too.

John Armstrong said:
The Scottish also do some nice bottled waters, would that be ok :rolleyes:

With or without ice :mmmm :mmmm

Thats alright, I always take my malts with lemonade and ice :thumb

If it has to be water I prefer Pelegrino :bounce1 Yep the italians certainly know how to make water :rolleyes:

Shep :D

Back
Top Bottom